Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ratten sacked

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ratten sacked

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There has to be more to this than what they are saying. He has another 12 months to go on his contract so unless it's a board member or two insisting that he go or a sponsor who will come on board if someone else is appointed it doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Has Malthouse already got the job?
    I thought Kernahan's response when asked whether Ratten would've still been sacked if Malthouse wasn't available was important. He had a long pause and then said something along the lines of 'it would've been line ball'
    This to me infers that Malthouse loomed large in their thoughts when making the call.

If this is the case, then Walls (though I'm loathe to admit) might just be right, that Carlton is rolling the dice, again, hastily much like they did when they booted Brittain once they thought they could get a name coach in Pagan to come on board.
    Last edited by GVGjr; 31-08-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Post Thanks / Like

They thought Pagan would be the savior.
    I find it odd that Kernahan says he's got "blood on his hands " Yet stays as president
    If the Dogs, or Roos sacked a coach and had to payout 600 large we'd never hear the end of it!
    Yet the club carrying the highest debt does it and nothing is said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Judd has one year to go on his 5 year deal which is reported at another $600,000. Simpson and Waite can go on the Vet list, so apparently they have room.
    The vets list rules have changed. Now anyone with 10 years service has $112K taken off the cap. Simpson and Waite would only save them $224K. Scotland might have 10 years up as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Are the Blues still claiming special assistance? If so, they really should have 500K subtracted from it for this year.