Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Choco Williams gone from GWS

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Is Williams not savvy enough to push for a Football Management role?

I think his ship has sailed as far as coaching is concerned. He's never going to be an assistant to sit in the background and tow the line, and he's probably going to struggle to land a new gig as a senior coach moving forwards.
    Very similar possibly to Rodney Eade right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the thought of working under Sheedy's ego for another year was too much to bear.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I think his ship has sailed as far as coaching is concerned. He's never going to be an assistant to sit in the background and tow the line, and he's probably going to struggle to land a new gig as a senior coach moving forwards.
    I think you are correct on both points but he would be a great guy to have at a club.
    The speculation is that the Tigers are very interested though in having Williams come in and work with Hardwick but I'm not sure in what capacity.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Heard tonight it's a player development role
    That is what the original story was, player development.

Hardwick and Williams go way back, so they'd know each other reasonably well.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take him at the Dogs, very good coach and has proven he build and nurture a side to a premiership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    I'd take him at the Dogs, very good coach and has proven he build and nurture a side to a premiership.
    Can we afford, or find a place for him though?

Fantasia is our football manager, and we already have assistants we're trying to bolster (if you believe the talk about Cameron Mooney).

So where does a personality like Williams fit in to our organisation? If he does have the smarts to be a football manager do we get rid of Fantasia? I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people on this board that would like to see the back of him, but is Williams going to be a better performer in that role?

As a development coach Williams would be good for us due to his technical knowledge, but does our club have the cash to pay the amounts GWS would have been paying for that role?

Post Thanks / Like

[B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Can we afford, or find a place for him though?

Fantasia is our football manager, and we already have assistants we're trying to bolster (if you believe the talk about Cameron Mooney).

So where does a personality like Williams fit in to our organisation? If he does have the smarts to be a football manager do we get rid of Fantasia? I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people on this board that would like to see the back of him, but is Williams going to be a better performer in that role?

As a development coach Williams would be good for us due to his technical knowledge, but does our club have the cash to pay the amounts GWS would have been paying for that role?
    To be honest no we probably couldn't afford him. But I'd feel much more confident if Macca had a hardened, experienced match day coach to work with. Development is Brendan's bag so I'd leave that to him but someone like Williams in a Football Director (like Rocket at Collingwood) or as a senior assisstant would be perfect as I have severe doubts on Macca's ability to work out a gameplan and as a match day coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    To be honest no we probably couldn't afford him. But I'd feel much more confident if Macca had a hardened, experienced match day coach to work with. Development is Brendan's bag so I'd leave that to him but someone like Williams in a Football Director (like Rocket at Collingwood) or as a senior assistant would be perfect as I have severe doubts on Macca's ability to work out a gameplan and as a match day coach.
    If German takes Willy to a flag would he be ok with a promotion from development to senior assistant.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Great appointment for Richmond - think Williams has a lot to offer. They must've been very quick off the mark once Sheedy signed on for another year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Great appointment for Richmond - think Williams has a lot to offer. They must've been very quick off the mark once Sheedy signed on for another year.
    Seconded.

Well done to Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Seconded.

Well done to Richmond.
    Richmond appear to be getting their act together off the field.

Trading for a few players who fit their needs Big Ivan, Houli and the ex Carlton bloke whose name escapes me.

Looking in the box seat to get both Chris Knights and Troy Chaplin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    and the ex Carlton bloke whose name escapes me.
    Grigg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lally View Post
    Grigg
    He has been great at Richmond.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lally View Post
    Grigg
    Thanks Lally.