Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Final Series 2012

I made my bad call before the hawks prelim.
    They just weren't allowed to play at their best in 2 games.

Post Thanks / Like

The Hawks lost too many close games this year and were lucky to beat Sydney in Sydney and Adelaide last week, both less than a goal. In pressure games they fall apart.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate Hawthorn. I have a mate that always says that when the Hawks make GFs, they always win them because of their culture. Whatever that even means....

Arrogant pricks.

Yesterday was a great result.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The Hawks lost too many close games this year and were lucky to beat Sydney in Sydney and Adelaide last week, both less than a goal. In pressure games they fall apart.
    Funny isn't it lose by a goal or two and you can't handle the pressure, I think that's a bit over the top I would say not handling it in pressure games is when you lose by five to ten goals.
    10 points you could pick out one or two incidents during a game that might be a bad bounce or just unlucky that made the difference.
    Hardly falling apart. They ended up on top of the ladder.
    When they win a close one you say it's lucky but when they lose a close one they are falling apart?
    Also they won two finals , one a knockout prelim but can't handle pressure games?
    Last edited by ledge; 30-09-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    I hate Hawthorn. I have a mate that always says that when the Hawks make GFs, they always win them because of their culture. Whatever that even means....

Arrogant pricks.

My GF's family are all Hawthorn "fans" (you'll note I didn't say supporters). They're the first to stick it to me if we lose to them, even though I never brag/boast when we're doing we'll or have beaten them. Whenever they lose any game, it's always "I don't care about footy". When my daughter was born her mum bought a pair of hawthorn booties for her, and gave them to me with a shit eating grin on her face. I almost told her to f@ck off.

I don't hate Hawthorn, but I didn't feel one bit bad for them that the Swans won. Actually I felt a little bit bad for her nephew, who is a passionate footy and Hawks fan.

Anyway, we get to their place yesterday and the entire place is decked out in Hawthorn stuff and they're crapping on like they're some long lost extension of the Kennedy family. It was painful.

My personal highlight was when Ellis kicked the first goal and they all rose from the couch cheering, before sitting back down an turning to me and saying "who's number 8?".

Go Swans. Well, Dogs of course, then Swans. I love Sydney today.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    My GF's family are all Hawthorn "fans" (you'll note I didn't say supporters). They're the first to stick it to me if we lose to them, even though I never brag/boast when we're doing we'll or have beaten them. Whenever they lose any game, it's always "I don't care about footy". When my daughter was born her mum bought a pair of hawthorn booties for her, and gave them to me with a shit eating grin on her face. I almost told her to f@ck off.

I don't hate Hawthorn, but I didn't feel one bit bad for them that the Swans won. Actually I felt a little bit bad for her nephew, who is a passionate footy and Hawks fan.

Anyway, we get to their place yesterday and the entire place is decked out in Hawthorn stuff and they're crapping on like they're some long lost extension of the Kennedy family. It was painful.

My personal highlight was when Ellis kicked the first goal and they all rose from the couch cheering, before sitting back down an turning to me and saying "who's number 8?".

Go Swans. Well, Dogs of course, then Swans. I love Sydney today.
    Exactly why I take as much pleasure in Hawthorn losing as I do when the Doggies win.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post

Arrogant pricks.

I have very good mates that are Hawks supporters, and individually they are fine.

As a collective, Hawks fans have turned into the most self entitled pricks following football. They whinge and moan at games more than any other supporters. They are arrogant and completely up themselves. Whilst I'm disappointed for my friends, I'm happy the Hawks ate it yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    That is gold.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks have got too many soft front runners. They cut you to pieces when given space, but go to water when pressure is applied. Geelong demonstrate this yearly whilst Sydney did it to them twice in 2012.

Suckling sucks under pressure whilst Young, Smith, Savage, Puopolo struggle with it too. You can carry a few of them, but not all.

If I were Hawthorn, I'd look at trading Savage, for example.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at a barbie at a friends house, and some very learned football viewers....

"So, how many points is a goal worth?"
    "What does FB stand for?"
    "How long do the quarters go for?"

Needless to say, I gave the grog a thrashing....
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Hawks have got too many soft front runners. They cut you to pieces when given space, but go to water when pressure is applied. Geelong demonstrate this yearly whilst Sydney did it to them twice in 2012.

Suckling sucks under pressure whilst Young, Smith, Savage, Puopolo struggle with it too. You can carry a few of them, but not all.

If I were Hawthorn, I'd look at trading Savage, for example.
    Grant Birchall says hi (from his hiding place under the couch)