Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Final Series 2012

Collingwood don't seem to have anywhere near the same level of structure they have had previously. People can question Malthouse but he had the team playing as a team this year they're relying on individual brilliance, it's not going to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see the wobbles go down, I really took a dislike to Buckley when he ditched the Bears and went to Collingwood in wanting to play in a premiership team.
    Him and Voss would have made a damaging duo and didn't he make the wrong career choice, then he pushed Malthouse out so he could grab some glory of Malthouses work.

I hope this bloke never gets to experience a Grand Final win.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I love the way the last few months the feral supporters have all turned on cloke and he then puts in a great game like that.

Will enjoy reminding them how much they hate cloke.

Daisy Thomas the new Leon Davis of finals footy not that we didn't know he was soft anyway. I knew once the game started and it was physical he wouldn't be sighted.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Good to see the wobbles go down, I really took a dislike to Buckley when he ditched the Bears and went to Collingwood in wanting to play in a premiership team.
    The story of how he knocked back Norf is even better. He had signed up a heads of agreement to join the Kangaroos, and literally at the last minute he backed out of it and went to Collingwood instead. He personally told Pagan that he was joining Collingwood to win flags - and didn't the Norf players take great delight in absolutely terrorising him every time he played them, Pagan whipping them into a rabid frenzy each time in the rooms beforehand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The story of how he knocked back Norf is even better. He had signed up a heads of agreement to join the Kangaroos, and literally at the last minute he backed out of it and went to Collingwood instead. He personally told Pagan that he was joining Collingwood to win flags - and didn't the Norf players take great delight in absolutely terrorising him every time he played them, Pagan whipping them into a rabid frenzy each time in the rooms beforehand.
    And North went on to win the flag in 96 and 99 and Brisbane in 2001, 02 and 03. Five potential flags Buckley turned his back on. Karma for FIGJAM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post

Daisy Thomas the new Leon Davis of finals footy not that we didn't know he was soft anyway. I knew once the game started and it was physical he wouldn't be sighted.
    That's ridiculous.

Thomas was one of the reasons why they won the flag in 2010... He had a cracked rib thru that finals period and was an excellent performer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Had he stayed at Brisbane, his trophy cabinet would be pretty full. Must be kind of a sore point with him. Joining a big club is never a certainty of a flag. Better to go where the best people are. Ask Nathan Brown.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    That's ridiculous.

Thomas was one of the reasons why they won the flag in 2010... He had a cracked rib thru that finals period and was an excellent performer.
    Has the most odd shaped chest in football. Looks like he swallowed a BBQ. Hard as nails that bloke

Kill Wilbur....Kill!!!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I still think Collingwood are a chance. Most likely they will play WC in Melbourne, which they should win given the crowd and umpiring. Crows or Swan prelim. They have won interstate finals in both Sydney and Adelaide before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    I still think Collingwood are a chance. Most likely they will play WC in Melbourne, which they should win given the crowd and umpiring. Crows or Swan prelim. They have won interstate finals in both Sydney and Adelaide before.
    They are still a quality side and things may very well fall their way.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    I hope they are out in straight sets
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tarrant tried his darndest against Buddy didn't he? Was a good fight, but Tarrant had poor support. Too many passengers Collingwood. Sidebottom, Blair, had failry quiet games. Hawthorn are a killer team in all areas but the backline. They look a bit clueless at times and Cloke looked dominant against everyone they could throw at him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Daisy has already proven himself in the finals. He has been pretty crap all year, no idea why he hasn't had the blow torch applied - probably because of Dawes and Cloke

Post Thanks / Like

Pies will lose to WC next week. Cloke won't have anywhere the impact and teams no longer fear Collingwood. Everything Buckley deserves

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If North Melbourne beat West Coast on Sunday they could well go out in straight sets as North beat them comfortably last time although that was at Etihad not the MCG. If West Coast wins I think they will have enough too win and go through being at the MCG to the prelim final. They definitely have drop of the pace very slightly this year Collingwood.