Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 Draft - Who do you like?

How would people feel if Grundy slipper through to our picks? It's possible as GWS has been reported to be following a Sydney model of trading for ruckman as opposed to drafting them, though its hard to know for sure.

Would people consider him with one of our first rounders? in some ways hes not what we need but if you just want to get the best players possible we would have to seriously consider taking him, surely?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    How would people feel if Grundy slipper through to our picks? It's possible as GWS has been reported to be following a Sydney model of trading for ruckman as opposed to drafting them, though its hard to know for sure.

Would people consider him with one of our first rounders? in some ways hes not what we need but if you just want to get the best players possible we would have to seriously consider taking him, surely?

Sh+t yes.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand there's a need to get the best talent on to our list, though I think our needs for medium sized forwards, genuine creative midfielders and potentially a key defender outweigh picking up Grundy on a best player available basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I understand there's a need to get the best talent on to our list, though I think our needs for medium sized forwards, genuine creative midfielders and potentially a key defender outweigh picking up Grundy on a best player available basis.
    Agree with this Grundy is a good player but just can't see the need for him at the dogs.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Agree with this Grundy is a good player but just can't see the need for him at the dogs.
    Granted I don't know too much about him beyond what I've read around the traps, and some vision, though without him being a clear standout talent I think we have enough on our list in his area for us to focus on other areas.

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting because if he slides it may well be that we get him.

However, if we assume that the top 4 gone before our two picks are Whitfield Toumpas Grundy and Wines, I'm leaning more and more towards us selecting Stringer and Macrae.

The highlights of Macrae makes me feel like he is exactly the kind of player we need, whilst Stringer could be seen as slightly less risky than Menzel and from all reports is a player that is versatile but consistently impacts the course of the game no matter where he plays.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems you might have copped the same Internal Server Error I did mate!

I like the look of McCrae and I really like the look of Stringer and think he's worth a shot at six from what I've seen. We don't have a utility like him on the list, big bodied, versatile and talented.

Post Thanks / Like

I really want Menzel and Mayes, though I wouldn't be unhappy with Macrae either.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm finding it hard to choose at 5 and 6 as so many of the touted pics have doubts on them.
    One player that will be a gun at AFL level will be Ben Kennedy yet he wont be around for our third pick.

A player like Toumpas pics himself but from pic 4 onwards IMO there is little between the remainder of the top 20.

Does anyone like Towers?

Post Thanks / Like

i wouldn't be unhappy with the picks below

Pick 5: Macrae, O'Rourke or Mayes
    Pick 6: Stringer or Menzel

I don't think we have a need for Grundy. We have plenty of talls. And we also have too many players that are similar to Wines

Post Thanks / Like

What's the summary of the injury knocks on Menzel ad Stringer? Both knees?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Others may be able to provide further insight but my understanding is that Stringer had a compound fracture in his left leg, had to have a metal rod and pins inserted whilst it healed but it was an injury that is deemed to have little recurring effect.

Menzel has actually had the LARS surgery already at a point in his life when he is still growing and from memory it was a PCL. For me, he seems the bigger risk thus why I am keener on Stringer.

The comparisons on Stringer to Luke Hodge in that he can play anywhere on the ground and affect the game wherever he plays really excites me and him along with one of Macrae/Mayes/O'Rourke could really set us up with 2 players that can have a large bearing on the course of a game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I'm finding it hard to choose at 5 and 6 as so many of the touted pics have doubts on them.
    One player that will be a gun at AFL level will be Ben Kennedy yet he wont be around for our third pick.

A player like Toumpas pics himself but from pic 4 onwards IMO there is little between the remainder of the top 20.

Does anyone like Towers?
    I would love Toumpas but I doubt he will be around at our pick.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    What's the summary of the injury knocks on Menzel ad Stringer? Both knees?
    Menzel is a knee, had LARS surgery at age 16. Rumoured (but not confirmed) that he will probably need surgery down the track.

Stringer had a compound lower leg break at 16, had metal rods & screws in but they have since been removed (he's ahead of the curve in his recovery). Has spent the year recovering but still managed to play VFL football for 3 games. Touted as one of the top talents in the draft.

Uninjured they could feasibly both be in the top 3 accoprding to BF group-think. I like what I've seen of Stringer.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Please find articles on both Stringer and Menzel below:

Stringer - http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...5/default.aspx

Menzel - http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...002-26xey.html

It's also worth mentioning that Stinger trained with the club in January and my understanding is that all WB personnel were impressed with what they saw.