Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 Draft - Who do you like?

Two people I know rated him higher than that. One at 20, the other said he will go top 10. Hence the speculation.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I wouldn't have thought a touted top 25 pick is that speculative. Simpson can play, I'd be surprised if he gets to pick 22.
    Collingwood have 18 don't they? he's under consideration inside top 20.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

Kevin Sheehan's top 30 players. Good profiles with PDF - Pictures and stats.
    Anyone know about Josh Simpson?
    Some mates of mine ( Melb supporters gah ) have him as a bit of a smokie.
    We already have one speculative indig player so can't see usbeing intrested. Probably going to Adelaide or a WA club you would assume, but Collingwood rumoured to be very keen.
    I was referencing this statement, with the implication that Skinner (assume that is who you meant?) is speculative and that you see Simpson in the same mold. My contention is that picking Simpson wouldn't be as speculative as say Skinner as he is a highly touted junior. My apologies if I'm off the mark.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

If we ended up with O'Rourke and Stringer 5 & 6 I'd be doing cartwheels.
    Slim do you know how the AIS kids end up training with the clubs for the one or two week period? How did we end up with Stringer but not Menzel for example who was at Geelong.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Slim do you know how the AIS kids end up training with the clubs for the one or two week period? How did we end up with Stringer but not Menzel for example who was at Geelong.
    The AIS people allocate it, mainly for geographic reasons. So Whitfield went to St Kilda as he lives 20 mins away, plowman and McBean (who are Calder kids) went to North, Daniher and Lonergan(because of his uncle) went to Essendon. Obviously geography for the country kids is a little different but but for some reason we ended up with Stringer.

Post Thanks / Like

The AIS people allocate it, mainly for geographic reasons. So Whitfield went to St Kilda as he lives 20 mins away, plowman and McBean (who are Calder kids) went to North, Daniher and Lonergan(because of his uncle) went to Essendon. Obviously geography for the country kids is a little different but but for some reason we ended up with Stringer.
    Thanks.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a bit of a look around and Spencer Whites name gets a regular mention. Looks to have a blend of size and pace so would he be a player we would have a look at at 22?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I've had a bit of a look around and Spencer Whites name gets a regular mention. Looks to have a blend of size and pace so would he be a player we would have a look at at 22?

White is athletically gifted
    At the draft combine he was in the top 10% for the 5, 10 and 20mtr sprints but he needs to some more work on his endurance finishing in the bottom 12% of the 3km time trial.

He also performed brilliantly well with his vertical leaps and he measured in just a touch under 196cm.

He should have a few clubs interested in him but it's very hard to predict where he might land.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Still think 22 is a bit of a reach for Spencer. It does however only take one club to "fall in love "with him (ie Howard), to inflate his price. There are simply better options with pick 22, if he is available at pick 51, I'd be happy for us to have a go.

Post Thanks / Like

Emma Quayle was on SEN going over the draft, - interesting

GWS will choose: (1) Whitfield, (2) Toumpas, (3) Menzel
    Grundy will slide as far as Richmond's selection (Pick #9).
    Wines at Melbourne at Pick #4.
    Menzel is her pick to be the finest player in the draft, has the ability to break games open and turn them on their head, and that will appeal to GWS, especially given their number of picks, they can afford to take a risk given his injuries.

O'Rourke I like because he really wants to come to us. He's made that pretty clear, and after Josh Caddy, GWS will stay away from him I reckon.

Post Thanks / Like

GD - did EQ go beyond Melbourne and speculate on who we will take?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Emma Quayle was on SEN going over the draft, - interesting

GWS will choose: (1) Whitfield, (2) Toumpas, (3) Menzel
    Grundy will slide as far as Richmond's selection (Pick #9).
    Wines at Melbourne at Pick #4.
    Menzel is her pick to be the finest player in the draft, has the ability to break games open and turn them on their head, and that will appeal to GWS, especially given their number of picks, they can afford to take a risk given his injuries.

O'Rourke I like because he really wants to come to us. He's made that pretty clear, and after Josh Caddy, GWS will stay away from him I reckon.
    Will be very surprised if O'Rourke doesn't go 3

Post Thanks / Like

Either way it appears unlikely we'll be able to pick both O'Rourke and Menzel, which is a bit of a shame.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be very surprised if O'Rourke doesn't go 3
    Doubt it. Why would GWS select 3 similar midfielders? The Menzel option sounds more likely as he has a different skill set to the first two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Doubt it. Why would GWS select 3 similar midfielders? The Menzel option sounds more likely as he has a different skill set to the first two.
    What skill set is that?