Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 Draft - Who do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Wouldn't Menzel be more of a risk than Stringer though?
    It's not only Stringer's leg I'm worried about. I'm not sure Stringer has the aerobic capacity at the next level to play a regular role through the midfield where I think he has the potential to be a superstar there. Up forward I can only see him being a good, solid footballer and certainly not a Pavlich type.
    The only big question mark I have over Menzel is his knee. He's got good athleticism and he's shown he's very talented.

So I feel the risk is a lot higher with Stringer and I would be surprised if we chose Stringer above Menzel. I still think there's a chance he may actually be there at pick 21/22.

Post Thanks / Like

Is part of the attraction to Menzel that he could be the answer to everything on the forward line, especially at full-forward?

Please, don't tell me he is a mid-fielder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Is part of the attraction to Menzel that he could be the answer to everything on the forward line, especially at full-forward?

Please, don't tell me he is a mid-fielder.
    Just looked at highlights package on contestedfooty. Looks like a full forward to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked at highlights package on contestedfooty. Looks like a full forward to me.
    He's meant to be a forward-midfielder. At 187cm he wont be a major contested target but certainly capable of kicking goals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    He's meant to be a forward-midfielder. At 187cm he wont be a major contested target but certainly capable of kicking goals
    Thank you BT&T. I don't know: IMO, 187cm is big enough to be a full forward if he is an excellent mark and excellent at ground level. Obviously, he will need to bulk up. Dunstall is listed as 188cm & 98kg. Ablett snr is listed as 185cm and 97kg. But noting that the game was played differently somewhat back then.

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Here’s an interesting scenario…

Would fans be happy if we picked up both Menzel and Stringer if the latter slipped to our early 20s pick? We could end up with the following:

• Pick 5 – Menzel
    • Pick 6 – O’Rourke
    • Pick 22 – Stringer

Most posters here are dead against taking both at picks 5 and 6 due to previous injuries… does the game change if Stringer slides like some media are predicting?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you BT&T. I don't know: IMO, 187cm is big enough to be a full forward if he is an excellent mark and excellent at ground level. Obviously, he will need to bulk up. Dunstall is listed as 188cm & 98kg. Ablett snr is listed as 185cm and 97kg. But noting that the game was played differently somewhat back then.
    Josh Kennedy of WCE (recent nemesis of the Western Bulldogs) is listed as 186cm and 93 kg. So Menzel would definitely have to bulk up but otherwise could be a FF. (I just want to see some key forward position player light at the end of what is at the moment a very dark tunnel - the current crop have either lost all form, have no confidence, can't kick to save themselves, are really ruckmen or never had it to begin with).

Post Thanks / Like

Ive read some comparisons of Menzel to Steve Johnson, and who wouldnt want to watch that guy playing for your side - cocky little amazingly skilled shit that he is

Surely the crows forfeit their pick due to draft tampering, so we have pick 21? Would be a good result if someone highly rated slipped through the cracks due to other clubs needs. My hope is for a Garlett, Kennedy or Simpson type to drop to us. But basically with pick 21 and latter, happy to take best available.

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Kennedy of WCE (recent nemesis of the Western Bulldogs) is listed as 186cm and 93 kg. So Menzel would definitely have to bulk up but otherwise could be a FF. (I just want to see some key forward position player light at the end of what is at the moment a very dark tunnel - the current crop have either lost all form, have no confidence, can't kick to save themselves, are really ruckmen or never had it to begin with).
    Maybe on your planet Josh Kennedy is 186 generic height units, cyberman, but on earth he is 194cm.

Post Thanks / Like

He is 194cm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Sanchez View Post
    Here’s an interesting scenario…

Would fans be happy if we picked up both Menzel and Stringer if the latter slipped to our early 20s pick? We could end up with the following:

• Pick 5 – Menzel
    • Pick 6 – O’Rourke
    • Pick 22 – Stringer

Most posters here are dead against taking both at picks 5 and 6 due to previous injuries… does the game change if Stringer slides like some media are predicting?
    All of a sudden Stringer's fallen off the planet!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Stringer may slide to either GWS or Collingwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Maybe on your planet Josh Kennedy is 186 generic height units, cyberman, but on earth he is 194cm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    He is 194cm
    I was dudded by your google contraption. But unable to replicate search string that led to dud result.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS will be picking Plowman according to this article.

This leaves the Dees and us to pick up midfielders.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    He is 194cm
    I was dudded by your google contraption. But unable to replicate search string that led to dud result.
    Perhaps Josh Kennedy of Syndey fame is 186
    More of an In Bruges guy?