Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 Draft - Who do you like?

Grundy has played 12 league matches for Sturt over the last two years. He has kicked zero goals and zero points.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a qiuick look this morning and bar the obvious ones that are up to Melbourne and GWS's selections I don't mind the look of Kristian Jaksch.
    Not sure he will be available at our pick 22 but he looks like a bloke who is strong, postions himself well, good kick and will kick a lot of goals in the near future.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Grundy has played 12 league matches for Sturt over the last two years. He has kicked zero goals and zero points.
    Ok got it. Seems to be one bloke you could play all over the ground.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Only two more sleeps to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Only two more sleeps to go.
    Bring it on !!!!!!!!

Maybe 2 more sleeps, but that might turn into 100 sleepless nights after that if we stuff this draft up
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dalrymple's low down on the draft'

'Backing Versatility
    http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/se...0/default.aspx

Young defenders in this week’s AFL National Draft will invariably hold many key attributes, but perhaps their versatility is most important.

The ability to nullify more than one type of player, will be an asset most clubs look for when drafting a defender, according to Western Bulldogs Recruiting Manager Simon Dalrymple.

“Good defensive teams obviously rely on the midfield and forwards as well but their back six can play on different types, so that is important,” Dalrymple said.

“Physically is their ability to play on different types of players - what’s their speed like.

“From a mental point of view are they task orientated, are they disciplined to be able to play - you know, if we see them as a shutdown defender - can they stick to a task.

“And then from an attacking defender’s point of view, their ball use, their ability to read the play and very much looking at where the game is going.”
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.themercury.com.au/article...65428_afl.html

HE is 196cm, weighs 102kg, has run 100m under 11 seconds and has already been drafted once - now North Hobart's Jesse Wells is having a second crack.

Wells, who has just turned 26, was taken pick 22 in the 2004 national draft by the Western Bulldogs but returned to his then home club, Burnie, after two years without a senior game.

Now fully fit and with the Demons' best and fairest for this year to his name, the key defender is aiming to return to the big time. "I haven't spoken to any clubs directly but we've got a few things in the pipeline that I'm not really going to say much about," Wells said.

"I'm not really getting my hopes up but even if I don't get picked up it is going to be good for my footy next year. I've had a few people speak to me and they believe this year is going to be my year if I'm going to be picked up.

"I've done a video and that is doing the [AFL] circles at the moment so who knows?"

Wells said he was a very different player to the one who joined the Bulldogs for the 2005-06 seasons.

"I just think personally I was a little bit immature and guys of my height take a little bit longer to mature playing-wise and I think I've matured more in life in general," he said.

"If I get picked up again, I'm just going to forget about what happened before and just show I'm a new person and look forward to the challenge if I get the opportunity.

"I obviously got some consistency together this year, got my body right and it is amazing what can happen when you get a full season in."

Wells hopes to follow in the footsteps of some other successful mature-age rookies such as Carlton's Nick Duigan and fellow Tasmanian Ian Callinan.

If his name is not called out on November 22, he is unsure what his football future holds, whether it be in Tasmania or interstate.

"I know there are [AFL] clubs whose backlines have been depleted over the last six weeks or so," Wells said.

"They are always looking for guys who have played a fair bit of footy and are a little bit more experienced.

"If it doesn't happen, I'm not really quite sure what I'll do next year.

"I've ruled out Queensland, but maybe a move to Victoria if something pops up my way but I'm not 100 per cent yet."

Anyone interested?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post

"HE is 196cm, weighs 102kg, has run 100m under 11 seconds and has already been drafted once - now North Hobart's Jesse Wells is having a second crack."

Anyone interested?
    Goodbye Markovic.

Post Thanks / Like

God, I'd love it just for the sheer entertainment on the webs afterward. Come back Jesse.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the underdog View Post
    god, i'd love it just for the sheer entertainment on the webs afterward. Come back jesse.
    :d:d:d:d
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    God, I'd love it just for the sheer entertainment on the webs afterward. Come back Jesse.
    Too good
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post

HE is 196cm, weighs 102kg, has run 100m under 11 seconds and has already been drafted once - now North Hobart's Jesse Wells is having a second crack.

Wells, who has just turned 26, was taken pick 22 in the 2004 national draft by the Western Bulldogs but returned to his then home club, Burnie, after two years without a senior game.

Now fully fit and with the Demons' best and fairest for this year to his name, the key defender is aiming to return to the big time. "I haven't spoken to any clubs directly but we've got a few things in the pipeline that I'm not really going to say much about," Wells said.

"I'm not really getting my hopes up but even if I don't get picked up it is going to be good for my footy next year. I've had a few people speak to me and they believe this year is going to be my year if I'm going to be picked up.

"I've done a video and that is doing the [AFL] circles at the moment so who knows?"

Wells said he was a very different player to the one who joined the Bulldogs for the 2005-06 seasons.

"I just think personally I was a little bit immature and guys of my height take a little bit longer to mature playing-wise and I think I've matured more in life in general," he said.

"If I get picked up again, I'm just going to forget about what happened before and just show I'm a new person and look forward to the challenge if I get the opportunity.

"I obviously got some consistency together this year, got my body right and it is amazing what can happen when you get a full season in."

Wells hopes to follow in the footsteps of some other successful mature-age rookies such as Carlton's Nick Duigan and fellow Tasmanian Ian Callinan.

If his name is not called out on November 22, he is unsure what his football future holds, whether it be in Tasmania or interstate.

"I know there are [AFL] clubs whose backlines have been depleted over the last six weeks or so," Wells said.

"They are always looking for guys who have played a fair bit of footy and are a little bit more experienced.

"If it doesn't happen, I'm not really quite sure what I'll do next year.

"I've ruled out Queensland, but maybe a move to Victoria if something pops up my way but I'm not 100 per cent yet."

Anyone interested?
    Ha Ha, I read this last week!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Bring it on !!!!!!!!

Maybe 2 more sleeps, but that might turn into 100 sleepless nights after that if we stuff this draft up
    Along the lines of "When I die I'm going straight to heaven because I've already served my time in hell in Vietnam", we have had quite a few things not ago our way over several drafts et al so we're due for a good one. Plenty of good sleeps ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Along the lines of "When I die I'm going straight to heaven because I've already served my time in hell in Vietnam", we have had quite a few things not ago our way over several drafts et al so we're due for a good one. Plenty of good sleeps ahead.
    I hope you're right. It's gotta turn at some point.....doesn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I hope you're right. It's gotta turn at some point.....doesn't it?
    The suspenders are killing me.