Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs and big man Will Minson grapple with brave new world of free agency

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How is it that we can give an injury prone player in Tom Williams a new 3 year deal at the end of 2011, but we cannot (atleast at present) give Will who is coming off a career best season the same?

I know staff have changed, but it just doesn't seem right.
    Doubt it's the number of years, but the price tag. I also found the Williams deal a bit hard to fathom.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs and big man Will Minson grapple with brave new world of free agency

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    Not as a ruckman but maybe a 2IC?

Not sure where Ghost Dog was going with Skinner in the ruck comment. But the way the game is evolving, 3 man interchange, sub etc. You might have to look at single ruckmen with athletic multi purpose back ups.

Skinner looks like someone who could fill that back up role.........If only he could play though.
    They keep playing him though don't they? Cut off that F#$@#$ rat tail.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    GD, you have confused me. I swear not 3 weeks ago you were arguing with every man and his dog as to why Skinner should not only play but why he should be retained.

Do you think Skinner should be given another contract?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Well said, it's not as if he has the ability to win games for us. We are not talking about Poly Farmer here, if we come up on top, I would consider it. The problem is he is out of contract so the AFL will determine what compensation we get. Does supply and demand come into their calculations when considering our compensation? If so, there would be a number of clubs who could be interested. I would not be disappointed if we kept him.
    And that is the big problem if he leaves. No one has a clue what draft pick we would get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    GD, you have confused me. I swear not 3 weeks ago you were arguing with every man and his dog as to why Skinner should not only play but why he should be retained.

Do you think Skinner should be given another contract?
    I said they keep playing him ( as in, he must be doing something right).
    Is he happy? Does he have the hunger? Will he continue to improve? Does he respond to the coaching directives?
    If yes to above, play on says I, barring the rat tail that's just begging to be trodden under a defender's boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How is it that we can give an injury prone player in Tom Williams a new 3 year deal at the end of 2011, but we cannot (atleast at present) give Will who is coming off a career best season the same?

I know staff have changed, but it just doesn't seem right.
    How much per season are we talking about? What has Will asked for and what have we offered?

Post Thanks / Like

His pony tail is apparently there for cultural reasons, probably not a good idea to tell him that to his face.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    His pony tail is apparently there for cultural reasons, probably not a good idea to tell him that to his face.
    Harbrow use to have one to.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Harbrow use to have one to.
    The only people I've seen wear a rats tail for cultural reasons are Jedi Apprentices. I've never known it to be anything to do with indigenous culture.

Post Thanks / Like

If he cuts it off he may lose all of his mediclorians!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    The only people I've seen wear a rats tail for cultural reasons are Jedi Apprentices. I've never known it to be anything to do with indigenous culture.
    Pretty sure I've also heard that it isnt a fashion choice.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    If he cuts it off he may lose all of his mediclorians!!
    He does have a fair leap on him. pity he doesn't have Jedi stamina, reflexes or dexterity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    There are over 500 indigenous dilects and similarly, lots of different cultural traditions specific to different groups from different areas.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to research that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Would't say I am huge fan of the rat's tail. But it is a hell of a lot more interesting than the stupid do's that Boyd, Cross, Dickson etc, etc, etc ad nausium have sported lately. Look like a complete set of snooker balls, just all the same colour. If you can't see their number it is very hard to tell one from the other.
    Hey guys, how about showing a little individualism rather than being sheep [ shorn ones at that]. Has the AFL's cloning program gone completely to everyone's head?
    More power to Dal, Zephi, and anyone else willing to buck the fashion trends I say.