Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs and big man Will Minson grapple with brave new world of free agency

As for Will's contract: For God's sake, stop farting around , and JUST DO IT !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs and big man Will Minson grapple with brave new world of free agency

Quote Originally Posted by paulv View Post
    As for Will's contract: For God's sake, stop farting around , and JUST DO IT !!!
    Absolutely.

Where is the problem with a 3 year contract. Will is pretty resilient and gives his all.

We would also open up an option to trade him in a year or so if Campbell/Cordy came on more quickly.

We do need him until one of them is ready to take over his role.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulv View Post
    G'day PaulV - ( by the way, quite enjoy your posts )
    It's not an open cheque book though is it? What would be the limit ( the actual amount ) , after which we would say ' sorry Will, but that's the best we can offer you'?
    Utimately, Will likes being with us, so fingers crossed we can do this without stuffing it up.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    And that is the big problem if he leaves. No one has a clue what draft pick we would get.
    Going by Ward calculations it will be pick 250.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    G'day PaulV - ( by the way, quite enjoy your posts )
    It's not an open cheque book though is it? What would be the limit ( the actual amount ) , after which we would say ' sorry Will, but that's the best we can offer you'?
    Utimately, Will likes being with us, so fingers crossed we can do this without stuffing it up.
    I'm not sure that money is the issue here but the length of contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I'm not sure that money is the issue here but the length of contract.
    Time and money are always linked in a contract negotiation.

Post Thanks / Like

In July, GWS were said to be happy to offer him 2 years.

But maybe even then, nobody would have picked he would lead the league in hit outs.
    Let's throw in an unlimited supply of Soy Milk.
    And a guidebook to sledging....
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to remember the long apprenticeship Darcy had under Wynd.......Minson under Hudson....
    We would be crazy not to give 3 years if he wants it. Roughhead, Cordy and Campbell will probably all still be his understudies at the end of the contract and hopefully then one or more will be physically and mentally ready to cope with the #1 mantle. ATM they are all miles off it.
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Will signing for two years apparently.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/we....-1226474866121

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post

Good news. It's also good to hear that speculation of the club offering a one year deal was off the mark.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Wants to stay to finish his degree in Melbourne. ! Saved by his studies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post

It says at least another 2 years could be 3 or 4 year contract.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic news, and is great to hear that the 1 yr contract talk either wasn't true, or that the negotiating team moved from that position to a more reasonable one.
    I would've hated seeing Will in any guernsey other than a Red, White and Blue one.

Post Thanks / Like

This is great news. Ruckmen take longer to develop. Will was one of the few highlights of the year.

I have been to a couple of functions in the past 12 months where Will has been a guest speaker. He came across as holding great affection for our club. I'm very happy he has stayed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Wants to stay to finish his degree in Melbourne. ! Saved by his studies.
    Lucky there's no other teams based in Melbourne.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me