Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs and big man Will Minson grapple with brave new world of free agency

Quote Originally Posted by LongWait View Post
    Fair go - Will got back from South America yesterday sometime. His Manager has said that Will is going to sign and there has not been any speculation at all in the media about his free agency status.
    I disagree, deals such as this should've been closed off before we entered the October trade window. I think it looks poorly on the Club and just helps to perpetuate the 'battler' badge we need to work hard to throw off if we are to look an attractive suitor for player prospects, supporters and sponsors. The little things do add up.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs and big man Will Minson grapple with brave new world of free agency

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I disagree, deals such as this should've been closed off before we entered the October trade window. I think it looks poorly on the Club and just helps to perpetuate the 'battler' badge we need to work hard to throw off if we are to look an attractive suitor for player prospects, supporters and sponsors. The little things do add up.
    An agreement was reached and announced weeks ago - Will just happened to be in South America at the time. He couldn't sign until he returned and nobody in the media is speculating that there is a problem.

Fair dinkum, the negativity on this site is endless and totally depressing.

Post Thanks / Like

An agreement was reached and announced weeks ago - Will just happened to be in South America at the time. He couldn't sign until he returned and nobody in the media is speculating that there is a problem.

Fair dinkum, the negativity on this site is endless and totally depressing.
    One thing I'm not LW is generally negative towards the Club or Brendan but on this occasion I'm not supportive. Yours is a broad brush statement to all posters who may not agree with your point of view. What is depressing is extremists at either end of the spectrum who criticize a point of view because its not to their thinking or liking.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I'm not LW is generally negative towards the Club or Brendan but on this occasion I'm not supportive. Yours is a broad brush statement to all posters who may not agree with your point of view. What is depressing is extremists at either end of the spectrum who criticize a point of view because its not to their thinking or liking.
    Well it seems to me that the negativity on this site is endless and totally depressing.

How we can turn the club and Minson's Manager both saying that Will will sign a new contract into a negative is typical of what I mean with the above statement.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems to me that the negativity on this site is endless and totally depressing.

How we can turn the club and Minson's Manager both saying that Will will sign a new contract into a negative is typical of what I mean with the above statement.
    I have to agree with you LongWait. I just log off. Done it a few times lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Friend of mine arrived back in Aus Thursday morning and said he saw Minson at LAX about to board as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Friend of mine arrived back in Aus Thursday morning and said he saw Minson at LAX about to board as well.
    Did he say whether Minson had his dongle out trying to hook up with the club to re-sign with us, so as to avoid any last minute bids for his services, or was he just chilling out?

Seriously, the club and Minson have handled the situation as well as can be expected considering the geographical inconvenience, and the fact that Minson has been on holidays.

It should probably be enoug that Minson has had his manager agree to negotiate positively on his behalf, and that he will take care of it when he gets back. Both parties have exercised trust, and that's all we can ask for.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. LW brother, you have perhaps unwittingly, and certainly unfairly, painted Doc as on the banwagon of negativity. He is not of little faith. He is one of big faith.
    However he is making a point that we are in an environment of ultra competitiveness, image making, professionalism and servicing of one's clients. He is calling for maintaining high standards. The club must make every post a winner and re-signing Will Minson is a big deal and could have been promoted as such better rather than leaving an unsigned contract during a period of speculation.
    I agree LW that faint hearted pessimism is ugly and the last thing the mighty Bulldogs need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Did he say whether Minson had his dongle out trying to hook up with the club to re-sign with us, so as to avoid any last minute bids for his services, or was he just chilling out?

Seriously, the club and Minson have handled the situation as well as can be expected considering the geographical inconvenience, and the fact that Minson has been on holidays.

It should probably be enoug that Minson has had his manager agree to negotiate positively on his behalf, and that he will take care of it when he gets back. Both parties have exercised trust, and that's all we can ask for.
    At the risk of this post being labelled negative, a I am going to say it anyway, personally I think the club should have stitched up Minson months ago, considering he has the right to walk out of the club and sign with anyone. We should not have allowed such a situation to happen.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to the feel good story of Will putting ink to paper on a deal that rewards his loyalty and his fierce on field efforts. I am a big fan
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGentStand View Post
    I am looking forward to the feel good story of Will putting ink to paper on a deal that rewards his loyalty and his fierce on field efforts. I am a big fan
    Would be nice after the day we have all had, not holding my breath though.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    At the risk of this post being labelled negative, a I am going to say it anyway, personally I think the club should have stitched up Minson months ago, considering he has the right to walk out of the club and sign with anyone. We should not have allowed such a situation to happen.
    I tend to agree, actually. Signing him up three months ago would have been a much better outcome.

Though considering he agreed to stay on a month ago, though has been overseas it is what it is, and I expect things to be taken care of in due course.

We'll not know for sure what's caused the delay, whether it was Minson himself or the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    We'll not know for sure what's caused the delay, whether it was Minson himself or the club.
    I think more likely the club are delaying things.

I really think we are letting the whole free agency thing playout before we make a call.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think more likely the club are delaying things.

I really think we are letting the whole free agency thing playout before we make a call.
    So if a good deal comes along Minson will be gone as well. Wouldn't surprise me now.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So if a good deal comes along Minson will be gone as well. Wouldn't surprise me now.
    Calm down BAD. Minson returned from South America on Friday. With the Lake situation and the trading/drafting events of yesterday, I suspect that Will and the club haven't met yet but will do so soon.