Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2012 Charles Sutton Medal (Best and Fairest)

Hi All,

I am going this year for the first time.

Is anyone else going?

For posters who have been before what can I expect?

Also a stupid question, how do they communicate the voting? (read out round by round, player by player or?)
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 Charles Sutton Medal (Best and Fairest)

I'll be going again this year.

The function itself is a standard function style sit down dinner (3 course).

They will rattle out a few awards early on - like Best First Year player, Goal kciking etc, some awards for milestones, a tribute to the retiring players.

With the B&F - they will probably put up on the screen the total votes up until round 11 or 12 - and then they read out the remaining rounds - and 1st, 2nd and 3rd will make speeches. The coach and CEO will also speak.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been tossing up whether to fly down for this as I've never been before. Was thinking about coming down to check out some potential units to buy as an investment so thought I might kill two birds with one stone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobdog View Post
    I've been tossing up whether to fly down for this as I've never been before. Was thinking about coming down to check out some potential units to buy as an investment so thought I might kill two birds with one stone.
    Old Jewish saying "never invest in a property you don't walk past every day"

Personal experience tells me this is good advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

Reminds me how for many years, as part of my daily trek to get to my workplace, I would walk by a small strip of shops in my locality to be so often bemused at observing the somewhat rampant frequency of new shop tenants taking over from a previous failed enterprise, who before them had also taken over a previous failed enterprise, and so on.

You could set your clock to the time it took to observe yet another failed start up business and yet they kept coming like lemmings.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice SS! Plan is to move down at some point so looking at renting it out until I get my arse down there.

So if I decide to head to the B&F, I might have to sneak onto someone's table as I'll probably be flying solo

giaco Guest

Top 10?

Boyd
    Griff
    Picken
    Minson
    Wallis
    Lake
    Murph
    Dahl
    Gia
    Libba/Dickson

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice, but a couple a tax deductible trips to Melbourne for the footy each year has some upside.