Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ward best Giant, Greene right behind

Surely Scully was put in the top 5 just so they didn't look stupid paying him all that money?

He had a horrid year. Giles being behind him is laughable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I look at Ward. I look at Bob Murphy. I know who is the better man. I bear him no ill will, but there is zero respect either.
    Bob was never offered triple his salary elsewhere as a 22yo - so easy to simplistically pigeon-hole heroes and villains but life is never as black and white as that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Bob was never offered triple his salary elsewhere as a 22yo - so easy to simplistically pigeon-hole heroes and villains but life is never as black and white as that.
    With all due respect how would you know players have been offered and turned down in their careers. In your eagerness to get Ward off the hook, you may want to think about someone like Shaun Higgins or Dustin Martin who were offered (as reported) offered those sorts of salary increases and stayed loyal. Blame Fantasia (and yes he shares some blame) all you want but Ward is the one who made the decision in the end nobody forced his hand...

On a side note does anyone particularly remember this article....

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
    Glenn McFarlane
    June 17, 2011 12:00AM

A LIFELONG affinity with Melbourne's western suburbs and a close family connection are likely to ensure Callan Ward rejects Greater Western Sydney and commits to a long-term future with the Western Bulldogs.

Despite his manager Paul Connors suggesting last week the 21-year-old might have to sacrifice up to $2 million to remain loyal to his club, Ward confirmed this week he wanted to secure a deal with the Bulldogs.

"I've loved the club ever since I started here," Ward said. "I was born in the western suburbs and I want to stay here.

"I see no reason to move. I just want to work out a deal with the Dogs and hopefully move on."

Ward said ideally he would have a new deal sorted out "sooner rather than later", but was not concerned about talk regarding his future.

"I try not to think about it too much, but it is hard to take it off my mind completely," he said. "I get a lot of texts and questions from my friends. They are all supportive. They know I am just concentrating on my football at the moment.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226076768377

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    With all due respect how would you know players have been offered and turned down in their careers. In your eagerness to get Ward off the hook, you may want to think about someone like Shaun Higgins or Dustin Martin who were offered (as reported) offered those sorts of salary increases and stayed loyal. Blame Fantasia (and yes he shares some blame) all you want but Ward is the one who made the decision in the end nobody forced his hand...

On a side note does anyone particularly remember this article....

That was the article that infuriated me.
    Just a pile of shit coming from his mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Should we petition for some retrospective compensation?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Should we petition for some retrospective compensation?
    I think the issue is we got the right compensation for Ward, but Melbourne got over compensated for Scully, especially if you compare it to the Ablett deal.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think the issue is we got the right compensation for Ward, but Melbourne got over compensated for Scully, especially if you compare it to the Ablett deal.
    This. The clubs got better things to worry about now.
    The curse is dead.