Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nathan Djerrkura

Poor hands yet a surprisingly strong mark. Go figure.

DJ was also the master of the U Turn when it wasn't necessary. Good luck to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Minson says hello (or is that goodbye)
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/wes...-1226474866121

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    FWIW, I was of the impression that Djerrkura had a two year deal with an option of a 3rd. I'm not sure how that 3rd year was structured.
    Typically those kind of things are based on number of games played. That would explain a lot.

He would have been feeling the pressure to hit his games trigger so his interview would make sense.

Our sources inside the club that told us he signed a 3 year deal at the time would be correct.

The article saying he sacrificed the third year of his deal would also be correct.

Post Thanks / Like

If only he played consistently like this.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of an insight into DJ

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If only he played consistently like this.
    When he was clean, he was very clean, I wonder if he thought too much or put too much pressure on himself which led to him fumbling and missing easy goals?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of an insight into DJ

What a fantastic insight to Nathan..... I get the feeling his time in the AFL will be just a stepping stone in a much more important story.

I'm sure he will be a fantastic role model to both his family and community...

Good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Some players have that highlights package of 1 game not over an entire career.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Some players have that highlights package of 1 game not over an entire career.
    To be fair it was mostly taken from two games against Melbourne and Geelong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    To be fair it was mostly taken from two games against Melbourne and Geelong.
    Ok so over 2 games not one.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw an AFLPA email about Nathan's painting and artworks on show in Geelong at the Court House Youth Arts centre. I was in Geelong today so I've popped in for a look. If any WOOFers are Geelong-based or in the area today or this weekend I highly recommend you come in and check out Nathan's beautiful artworks. His exhibition, Buymarr, is a showcase of works inspired by his homeland, Arnhem Land. I met him in the gallery today and had a quick chat. He is back in Geelong, looking for work in the trades and doing his paintings. One in particular, a snake weaving between two stingrays, is positively beautiful guys. It's probably a bit of an unusual post-footy career but by the look of his paintings, hopefully for Nathan it's a positive one.

12. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I saw an AFLPA email about Nathan's painting and artworks on show in Geelong at the Court House Youth Arts centre. I was in Geelong today so I've popped in for a look. If any WOOFers are Geelong-based or in the area today or this weekend I highly recommend you come in and check out Nathan's beautiful artworks. His exhibition, Buymarr, is a showcase of works inspired by his homeland, Arnhem Land. I met him in the gallery today and had a quick chat. He is back in Geelong, looking for work in the trades and doing his paintings. One in particular, a snake weaving between two stingrays, is positively beautiful guys. It's probably a bit of an unusual post-footy career but by the look of his paintings, hopefully for Nathan it's a positive one.
    Cheers for pointing this out BAS. I googled Nathan and the exhibition name and found a few examples of his work. Some good stuff, I like how he has used colours.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Did you buy a couple

Post Thanks / Like

I went for a run with Nathan a few years ago (long story). Very humble man. Very passionate about Arnhem Land. Lovely bloke.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one BAS.

He wasn't a great player, but by all reports he's a great guy.
    "It's over. It's all over."