Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Local Footy Thread

I don't follow local footy too much but this thread is for woofers who follow it to discuss the local footy scene (EFL, NFL, EDFL, WRFL, leagues in other cities and leagues in the country).

This afternoon at 2:10pm at Bayswater Oval Norwood takes on Balwyn for a spot in the EFL grand final against Vermont next week which will also be played at Bayswater Oval.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 15-09-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Local Footy Thread

Vermont and Balwyn will play off in the division 1 Seniors Eastern Football League Grand Final on Saturday 22nd September at 2:30pm at Bayswater Oval.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a coach in the RDFL. We lost our prelimanary final on the weekend. Very disapointing way to finish the season after being minor premiers. Local footy is almost semi professional these days and the work that goes in from players and volunteers is amazing.

Did anyone see the WRFL grand final that Altona won on the weekend? Apparently they had a very controversial ending.

Good to see Greenvale get up in the EDFL too.

Post Thanks / Like

How's this for a comeback.

The EDFL B Grade Grand final was played last week between Airport West and West Coburg.

Airport West is coached by Adam Contessa.

Airport West trailed by 51 points during the second quarter, then kicked 20 of the next 22 goals to win by 69 points.
    Last edited by Doggy; 17-09-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    How's this for a comeback.

The EDFL B Grade Grand final was played last week between Airport West and West Coburg.

Airport West is coached is coached by Adam Contessa.

Airport West trailed by 51 points during the second quarter, then kicked 20 of the next 22 goals to win by 69 points.
    Fair bit of controversy in that game also. Good unit for a B Grade side Airport West. They have 5 ex afl players.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Altona with a 1 point win over Spotswood. My cousins son played.

Off to see Warrack Eagles break a 9 year Horsham winning streak in Stawell this weekend. 2 nephews of my partner are playing.

Post Thanks / Like

My mate was playing in the EDFL Granny on the weekend, Garfield v Bunyip. I saw in yesterday's Hun that Bunyip won. My mate plays for Garfield. Oddly, he wasn't at work today
    Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Fair bit of controversy in that game also. Good unit for a B Grade side Airport West. They have 5 ex afl players.
    Very much so, a few ex bulldogs from memory?
    They come after one,
    They come after all,
    They can't handle all,
    Lets go....

Bob Murphy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Very much so, a few ex bulldogs from memory?
    Adam Contessa and Michael Martin.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be heading up to Bendigo on Saturday to to cheer on the Gisborne Bulldogs vs the Golden Square Bulldogs.......

To all you inpartials out there the Gisborne boys have reverted back to our traditional hoops this year.

Should be an interesting game Grant Weeks from Golden Square is nearing 150 goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    I'll be heading up to Bendigo on Saturday to to cheer on the Gisborne Bulldogs vs the Golden Square Bulldogs.......

To all you inpartials out there the Gisborne boys have reverted back to our traditional hoops this year.

Should be an interesting game Grant Weeks from Golden Square is nearing 150 goals.
    Go the Bulldogs
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post

I think the Bendigo league has two Magpies as well don't they? Castlemaine and Maryborough.

Post Thanks / Like

Up my way Sorrento beat Dromana by a couple of points. Dromana were leading all day till the end. Bad luck as they haven't won a premiership for over 40 years. Sorrento was John McCarthy's initial Club and he had a lot of mates still with the Club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Up my way Sorrento beat Dromana by a couple of points. Dromana were leading all day till the end. Bad luck as they haven't won a premiership for over 40 years. Sorrento was John McCarthy's initial Club and he had a lot of mates still with the Club.
    You would have some empathy with Dromana then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    You would have some empathy with Dromana then?
    Yes when I was discussing the game with one of their supporters our "great" record was mentioned of course.