Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  10
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Local Footy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Kyabram in the GF again, up against Echuca in the GVFL.

Only lost 1 game in the last 80 odd(last years GF).
    That'd be hard to take. Although I have never lost a grand final as a supporter so I wouldn't really know!
    Get yourself a suit and tie
    And get your hair cut way up high
    Get yourself a lawyer, son
    You're gonna need a real good one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That'd be hard to take. Although I have never lost a grand final as a supporter so I wouldn't really know!
    Lost that game by under a goal, we kicked a point with pretty much the last kick of the game. Its been a crazy last 3 or 4 seasons.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Lost that game by under a goal, we kicked a point with pretty much the last kick of the game. Its been a crazy last 3 or 4 seasons.
    Thinking about it Yarraville lost a couple of VFA grand finals in the late '70s that I was infuriated over.

Post Thanks / Like

At least Yarravile made grand finals I can only remember Sunshine playing in one very late in their lives too!!!!
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

I see Fev has gone back to Deer Park , club claiming he is playing for free.. yeah right ��
    Bring back the biff

6. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    At least Yarravile made grand finals I can only remember Sunshine playing in one very late in their lives too!!!!
    Sunshine won the division 2 grand final in 1971 to go to division 1.
    You should know that mate we went to school with the captains younger brother.
    Bring back the biff

8. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Sunshine won the division 2 grand final in 1971 to go to division 1.
    You should know that mate we went to school with the captains younger brother.
    Yarraville won two VFA premierships. One in the 30s and one in 1961

We completely dominated the old VJFA and won a heap of premierships between 1903 and the 1920s when we were admitted to the VFA.

10. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yarraville won two VFA premierships. One in the 30s and one in 1961
    We completely dominated the old VJFA and won a heap of premierships between 1903 and the 1920s when we were admitted to the VFA.
    1961 was a great year for this Yarravillite. Only young but got to go to 2 grand finals. Unfortunately the doggies of course lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    [B]

1961 was a great year for this Yarravillite. Only young but got to go to 2 grand finals. Unfortunately the doggies of course lost.
    Do you remember when Denis Pagan was coach? One day at halftime he told the players they were playing like "cowboys with pineapples on their heads" I've never been able to figure that one out.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you remember when Denis Pagan was coach? One day at halftime he told the players they were playing like "cowboys with pineapples on their heads" I've never been able to figure that one out.
    Should have changed there name from the eagles to the pineapple heads, confuse the opposition and 5 goals up at 1/4 time before they realise they been duped.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I do remember when Pagan coached the Eagles. Can't say I remember that saying though. Crazy man.

Post Thanks / Like

This is opposition team in my clubs league. I can't believe I may have to cheer against Bob.

Roughead, Murphy join the nest

Two of the most respected players of the AFL’s modern era will don the Inverloch Kongwak colours in 2020 in an incredible coup for the West Gippsland Football Netball Competition powerhouse.

Four-time Hawthorn premiership-winning superstar Jarryd Roughead will join younger brother Cam in the Sea Eagles lineup in a handful of games this coming season, while former Western Bulldogs skipper Bob Murphy is also set to pull the boots back on for the club coached by his brother-in-law, Ben Soumilas.

While Roughead now has a full-time role within St Kilda’s football department at AFL level, it’s understood he’ll be available for a number of games for Inverloch Kongwak this season – potentially even enough to qualify him for the finals should the Sea Eagles progress.

Still only 33, the Leongatha product was a two-time All-Australian, won the Coleman Medal in 2013, and captained his beloved Hawthorn in 2017 and 2018 before retiring last year – following a six-goal haul in his final game.

Fellow Gippsland Power alum Bob Murphy, originally from Warragul, played over 300 games for the Western Bulldogs, where the 37-year-old remains one of the club’s most revered figures. He, too, is a two-time All-Australian, and was named captain of the side in 2015.

Murphy currently co-hosts 1116 SEN’s weekday drive show, ‘Bob and Andy’, alongside Andy Maher and also has a number of other football media roles, including with Fox Footy.

Like Roughead, Murphy, too, is set to be available on multiple occasions for the Sea Eagles in their upcoming campaign, and it’s hoped he, too, could play enough games to potentially qualify for finals.

Inverloch Kongwak president Peter Butcher spoke about how thrilled he was to bring both former AFL stars into the fold.

He said Roughead’s relationship with the Clark boys – Rowan and Dylan – was crucial in him joining the Sea Eagles, and it was actually Roughead who played the most significant role in bringing great mate Murphy into the fold.

Roughead is locked in to play the Sea Eagles’ first three games of the season – against Kooweerup, Dalyston, and Cora Lynn.

Soumilas – an incredibly highly respected figure in Gippsland football – has returned to the helm at Inverloch for 2020 after a year out of the role in 2019. He coached the Sea Eagles to the inaugural WGFNC senior premiership in 2017.

The announcements come at an incredibly exciting time for the Sea Eagles, who have also just unveiled state-of-the-art netball facilities.

Former North Melbourne and Melbourne utility Cam Pedersen will again don the red, white and blue of Phillip Island in 2020 after playing an integral role for theBulldogs in their undefeated premiership season in 2019 – a campaign in which he was also the run-away winner of the WGFNC’s senior best and fairest award.