Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 169
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Gisborne went down to Golden Square who won their fourth premiership in a row by three points up at Bendigo.


    Would have won the premiership had a set shot to win the game from near the 50 metre line after the siren had travelled two more metres.

    The link below shows some footage of the last minute or so..

    http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...-square/?cs=79

    Such a great event in the area.... Must have been about 10000 at the game.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    Gisborne went down to Golden Square who won their fourth premiership in a row by three points up at Bendigo.


    Would have won the premiership had a set shot to win the game from near the 50 metre line after the siren had travelled two more metres.

    The link below shows some footage of the last minute or so..

    http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...-square/?cs=79

    Such a great event in the area.... Must have been about 10000 at the game.
    Grant Weeks is a freak. One of the AFL clubs should take a punt on him.

    Sunbury Lions flogged Redan on Saturday and Sunbury Kangaroos took out the Riddell League flag after the siren on Sunday.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Moe's Tavern
    Posts
    2,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I have just witnessed the EFL Grand Final where Balwyn 12.19 defeated Vermont 10.5 in an upset. Balwyn joined the competition in 2007 and won it's second flag. Vermont over 51 years has won 19 flags to be the dominant club in the EFL.
    I live not far away from Bayswater oval now and there was a huge crowd. Over 10,000 they were saying on the radio. I drove past and it certainly looked a big crowd.
    I'm still trying to decide on an EFL side to follow. I think Sth Croydon are the only bulldogs team and they finished 11th out of 12. Otherwise i'll have to go for the mighty Waters, Boronia Hawks or The Basin Bears, which aren't in the div 1.

    There is a replay of the div 1 GF on the EFL website btw.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Grant Weeks is a freak. One of the AFL clubs should take a punt on him.

    Sunbury Lions flogged Redan on Saturday and Sunbury Kangaroos took out the Riddell League flag after the siren on Sunday.
    He's a great country player...... He'd need to build a much bigger tank.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Jeremy Clayton

    Retired from Port Magpies thu yeah, tough as old boots

    Won a Magarey a few years back, played some AFL for St Kilda.
    Jeremy Clayton played for Nth Melb

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bellarine Peninsula
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Congrats to Altona with a 1 point win over Spotswood. My cousins son played.
    Was a great game of footy, glad I went down to watch it.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Barry Hall has signed at Broadford for next season his home club. Great news for them, terrible news for me as an opposition coach.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    I'm moving to Geelong next year for work, anyone from down there with tips on who to play for? Currently overwhelmed by the number of options, so many teams so close together!!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Surf Coast
    Posts
    5,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I'm moving to Geelong next year for work, anyone from down there with tips on who to play for? Currently overwhelmed by the number of options, so many teams so close together!!
    Seen as though you would be like the rest of us on Woof, fit, young, skilful and athletic why not head straight to the Cattery.
    “In 2020, we will believe that we are closer than we may be, but we will prepare like we’re further away than ever.” - senior coach Luke Beveridge.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Seen as though you would be like the rest of us on Woof, fit, young, skilful and athletic why not head straight to the Cattery.
    Well I would like to think I'm still young and athletic, I'm only 22!!! I was hoping for a trade, but that Stephen Wells is a bit of an idiot when it comes to recruiting, rarely gets it right. He'll rue the day he let me go!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    EJ Whitten Stand
    Posts
    13,763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    I don't really follow local footy that much but I believe it really gets back to the grassroots which is great. Hopefully the Vermont Eagles have another good season in the Eastern Football League and make the GF and win it.

    Full 2013 Fixtures and News for anyone interested in the Eastern Footy League: www.efl.org.au
    Last edited by Eastdog; 22-02-2013 at 02:36 AM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Flemington
    Posts
    2,352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    I keep an eye on my old clubs, but rarely get along anymore. Try to watch NOBS and Marby at least one game a season.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    EJ Whitten Stand
    Posts
    13,763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I keep an eye on my old clubs, but rarely get along anymore. Try to watch NOBS and Marby at least one game a season.
    Which teams are those?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,086
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Maybe it isn't a footy team, just likes going to nudey beaches

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Posts
    8,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Local Footy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Which teams are those?
    North Old Boys and Maribyrnong Park
    Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •