Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brownlow Medal 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Well, it seems I've made a fool of myself.

I tend to do it in more subtle ways than this, on a daily basis, though it seems in this instance I have spectacularly let myself down.

I would like to apologise to Jake Landsberger and the broader Bulldog and Woof community. Please accept this apology with due grace, and sympathy for a simple boofhead.
    Hah, I've done far worse, I wouldn't worry about it!

I was about to post in agreeance with you. Since when are Brownlow votes the measuring stick for squad depth? Clearly we are going to add some talent at the draft, seeing as we are in a development period.

It was just a useless sweeping statement, but we're quite accustomed to receiving those.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by St 07 View Post
    Hah, I've done far worse, I wouldn't worry about it!

I was about to post in agreeance with you. Since when are Brownlow votes the measuring stick for squad depth? Clearly we are going to add some talent at the draft, seeing as we are in a development period.

It was just a useless sweeping statement, but we're quite accustomed to receiving those.
    Thank you for your understanding.

I think it's pretty typical of journo's though, isn't it? Rebuilding in a considered manner will be a jounalists worst nightmare when it comes to a club like the Bulldogs. The expectation is we'll go to the trade table and try to bring players in (whilst potentially off loading some talent), and create a story to write about how we're accelerating our premiership chances.

It's going to be a very boring preseason at Whitten Oval media wise if Bmac has his way.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your understanding.

I think it's pretty typical of journo's though, isn't it? Rebuilding in a considered manner will be a jounalists worst nightmare when it comes to a club like the Bulldogs. The expectation is we'll go to the trade table and try to bring players in (whilst potentially off loading some talent), and create a story to write about how we're accelerating our premiership chances.

It's going to be a very boring preseason at Whitten Oval media wise if Bmac has his way.
    Bmac has said he'll focus more on the draft rather than us being active in the trade period.

Post Thanks / Like

Win games and you get votes. No great mystery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Win games and you get votes. No great mystery.
    G.Ablett rule?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    G.Ablett rule?
    True. Gold Coast were awful this season and Ablett still got 24 votes.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe people are quesioning Ablett's votes.

He had a fantastic year and last time i checked the brownlow is an individual award, not a team one.

If Ablett was the best player on the ground in 80 point losses, then so be it. He gets the 3 votes. Pretty simple really.

The reason no other players poll in losing teams like Ablett, is because none of them are anywhere near Abletts qaulity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post

He had a fantastic year and last time i checked the brownlow is an individual award, not a team one.

If Ablett was the best player on the ground in 80 point losses, then so be it. He gets the 3 votes. Pretty simple really.

The reason no other players poll in losing teams like Ablett, is because none of them are anywhere near Abletts qaulity.
    Ablett clearly in a weak side was the best player and therefore will get all the votes and none taken off him as no one even gets close to him in the Gold Coast team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post

But is it that simple?

History shows that over the past 15 years or so that 92% of the 3 votes goes to players on the winning team.

Yep Ablett is a gun, but one would hope that the player who gets 3 votes is the one who has the biggest influence on the game and when your team loses by 15 goals that influence must be minimal.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems I've made a fool of myself.

I tend to do it in more subtle ways than this, on a daily basis, though it seems in this instance I have spectacularly let myself down.

I would like to apologise to Jake Landsberger and the broader Bulldog and Woof community. Please accept this apology with due grace, and sympathy for a simple boofhead.
    Hahaha.... my approach in this instance, following the lead of the kids I teach, is to stubbornly refuse to concede that I'm wrong. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence, I'm always right
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Ablett clearly in a weak side was the best player and therefore will get all the votes and none taken off him as no one even gets close to him in the Gold Coast team.
    Well he lost the Brownlow because players took votes off him in their 2 wins