Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Do you Support the Club Financially?

GA member, including social club. That's all, and I'm not afraid to say it. I hate those mailed out raffle tickets, they should ask before sending them out.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Just membership for me, I try to make it down for at least 10 games a year which I think is a fair effort in it self.

Post Thanks / Like

Membership. Donation really as I seldom go to games as well. Buy a bit of gear. Yearly bulldoze the debt. Fundraiser at school.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    GA member, including social club. That's all, and I'm not afraid to say it. I hate those mailed out raffle tickets, they should ask before sending them out.
    Bit hard to ask 30,000 people?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bit hard to ask 30,000 people?
    An e-mail wouldn't be hard at all.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    An e-mail wouldn't be hard at all.
    Andrew I don't know if you have ever sold raffle tickets but its bloody hard work. What would you like in the email, permission for them to send themn to you? I guarantee more than half the suporters will not answer the emails anyway. This way they send them out and if you don't want to buy them you don't have to. I do because I know how fragile the club has been in the past.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

My contribution is a GA home and away membership plus social club, and I think I tipped in a minor donation toward Bulldozing the Debt. Raffle tickets go in the bin, I hate those sort of things.

I also always bought my dad a membership + social club as a birthday/ Christmas present, but he passed away in June, so that will be one less member next year.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew I don't know if you have ever sold raffle tickets but its bloody hard work. What would you like in the email, permission for them to send themn to you? I guarantee more than half the suporters will not answer the emails anyway. This way they send them out and if you don't want to buy them you don't have to. I do because I know how fragile the club has been in the past.
    Perhaps not"permission" as such, but maybe an idea of who actually is willing to sell/buy them. They'd save a lot on printing costs if they only sent them to those who actually want them.

Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, I waive my appearance fee. I won't divulge, but it's significant.

Other than that, I buy a home game membership and tip in a couple hundred in raffle tickets and Bulldoze the debt contributions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Firstly, I waive my appearance fee. I won't divulge, but it's significant.

Other than that, I buy a home game membership and tip in a couple hundred in raffle tickets and Bulldoze the debt contributions.
    Ok, Jeemak who are you

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Jeemak who are you
    Haha mate, I'm just a wanker with access to red wine and a keyboard. Take those two things away from me, and I'm nothing!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 bronze seats and 3 x social club plus I get 2 pet memberships each year and that is my lot have been a member since 83. I have no idea what i have tipped into the coffers over the years but I do what I can I will get a ticket for London on Monday sounds like a great raffle!!
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    My contribution is a GA home and away membership plus social club, and I think I tipped in a minor donation toward Bulldozing the Debt. Raffle tickets go in the bin, I hate those sort of things.

I also always bought my dad a membership + social club as a birthday/ Christmas present, but he passed away in June, so that will be one less member next year.
    My condolences
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I buy an interstate membership for myself (have done for 8 years ... Bought full memberships before that). I have been a member since 1989. Like others here, this is more of a donation as I get to go to one (maybe two) games a year.

I also buy my kids memberships even though one declares to me that she is a Docker (don't worry, she's out of the will)

I sell the raffle tickets to my work colleagues ... In fact I make them buy them ... I'm the boss, you want to work here, you'll buy a raffle ticket from me.

I purchase Bulldog gear through the website ... I wish I was in a better financial position to do more.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    My condolences
    Thanks Scraggers. He was in hospital a couple of weeks before the Hall of Fame, but was adamant that he would be out in time for that function. I think the doctors would have had to chain him to the bed to keep him away! Luckily, we've got lovely memories of him really enjoying that night.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!