Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Do you Support the Club Financially?

The old man and I get Reserved Seat memberships for Level 2 - and sit with 2 other family members. Have done since 1989. Also, a Bulldog pup membership for my 2 year old.

We buy a handful of raffle tickets and go to some functions.

Made it to 13 games this year...which is about average.

Post Thanks / Like

True. But send the email 3 or 4 times during the campaign (same message wrapped differently) and you improve your hit rate.

And does it actually need to be a physical ticket? Why can't the whole campaign be digital? Pay via PayPal. Very low cost.

Of course, the demographic of our member base may be a bit older than most (?). So perhaps we'd get a lower hit rate.

Post Thanks / Like

I have silver social club membership, sit with 10 other family members who all have the same type of membership. We have payed for social club for ever, the main reason being the guarantee of a grand final ticket if we ever get there. I also contribute to the Bulldoze The Debt, buy the whole $50 of raffle tickets (because I hate selling raffle tickets), and do not feel right sending them back. I also brought the $100 London raffle ticket, go to most club functions, these do not come cheap nowadays, spend a lot at the shop
    I do all this becase I love MY club, and want it to be around for ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldBulldog View Post
    I have silver social club membership, sit with 10 other family members who all have the same type of membership. We have payed for social club for ever, the main reason being the guarantee of a grand final ticket if we ever get there. I also contribute to the Bulldoze The Debt, buy the whole $50 of raffle tickets (because I hate selling raffle tickets), and do not feel right sending them back. I also brought the $100 London raffle ticket, go to most club functions, these do not come cheap nowadays, spend a lot at the shop
    I do all this becase I love MY club, and want it to be around for ever.

Good onya OldBulldog !!
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I just have a question about memberships. I mentioned previously I'm thinking of signing up in 2013 and was wondering with the general admission home games membership is that just access to Level 3 at Etihad or is it also Level 1 access as well.

Post Thanks / Like

The Silver Gumby has been a Kennel Club member for about 5 years and had home game membership for a couple of years before that. Signed on again a couple of weeks ago but this year it is not called the Kennel Club - it's something else, memory banks are failing. Bought the odd mug or baby socks from the shop at the oval.

One day, within a few seasons, you will see the Silver Gumby in the members and the social club at every home game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I just have a question about memberships. I mentioned previously I'm thinking of signing up in 2013 and was wondering with the general admission home games membership is that just access to Level 3 at Etihad or is it also Level 1 access as well.
    Just level 3
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Just level 3
    Are you sitting with just our supporters or is it a mix of both clubs on game day.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sitting with just our supporters or is it a mix of both clubs on game day.
    Anyone, it's general admission.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Anyone, it's general admission.
    Thanks for that Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like

You should join up Eastdog. Become part of the brotherhood! Every member counts.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    You should join up Eastdog. Become part of the brotherhood! Every member counts.
    Definitely azabob. When you become a member you are putting something back into the club. For a club like us we need as many people to sign up as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive signed up for 2013 a couple of days getting a Home Games Only Silver Reserved Seat on Level 1. Do you reckon will get over 30,000 next season. If we were really doing well then yes I reckon we could but the way we are going probably not.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a question: As a first year member who has a reserved seat on Level 1 when the time comes to renew to keep that same reserved seat how do I go about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a question: As a first year member who has a reserved seat on Level 1 when the time comes to renew to keep that same reserved seat how do I go about that.
    The club will send you paperwork, but basically you keep the seat unless you ask them to move you or cancel the seat.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.