Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Chris Dawes?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chris Dawes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Undervalued doesn't mean cheap and low pick.
    Undervalued means what we could get a player for compared to what he would cost at his peak.

Melbourne ended up paying full value (or more) for Dawes, but I certainly think the Bulldogs did the right thing by at least sounding him out.
    I think it was just dumb luck we didn't get him.

But I think we're on the same page here Mofra.

Build through the draft and recruit/trade to need.

Actually identify and chase the players you want instead of just grabbing wildly at any player who suddenly becomes available. Dawes would have never been on our radar. He's certainly not worth what Melbourne are going to pay for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Told today his time at Melbourne is over.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Told today his time at Melbourne is over.
    Are you suggesting we get the old Cloke and Dawes pairing back together?

4. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Are you suggesting we get the old Cloke and Dawes pairing back together?
    Noooooo. God no.

We dodged that bullet once, don't go back to dodge it twice.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Noooooo. God no.

We dodged that bullet because he wanted to go to the Dees.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Noooooo. God no.

I didnt really think you were, but couldnt resist

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We dodged that bullet because he wanted to go to the Dees.
    And on behalf of the Western Bulldogs, I wish to thank him for that and his country footy career next year.

10. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who was the fool who started this thread all those years ago? Disjointed ramblings of someone who'd never had the pleasure of his club winning a flag I guess.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

12. Likes Throughandthrough, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Who was the fool who started this thread all those years ago? Disjointed ramblings of someone who'd never had the pleasure of his club winning a flag I guess.
    A moment of rarity RT.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

14. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Re: the pleasure of winning the flag.
    This may sound a little over the top to some but, for supporters like myself who've got 60 years of memories in the bank, I don't think the players can even remotely understand the esteem in which I hold them. I will never be able to thank them enough for their efforts in 2016 and particularly during the finals. They were simply magnificent. I travelled back from Indonesia to see the game. I'm back travelling again and courtesy of Woof and the net, even though I'm in a tiny port called Waikelo on the NW coast of Sumba, I'm able to re-live all of the glorious feats of courage, skill and desperation we displayed in that finals campaign. I will take those memories to my grave. I owe the Club a debt that can never be re-paid. How much do I love the Bulldogs? How many grains of sand are there on the beaches of the earth?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Now delisted.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez. I hope we don't get any silly ideas.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    This may sound a little over the top to some but, for supporters like myself who've got 60 years of memories in the bank, I don't think the players can even remotely understand the esteem in which I hold them. I will never be able to thank them enough for their efforts in 2016 and particularly during the finals. They were simply magnificent. I travelled back from Indonesia to see the game. I'm back travelling again and courtesy of Woof and the net, even though I'm in a tiny port called Waikelo on the NW coast of Sumba, I'm able to re-live all of the glorious feats of courage, skill and desperation we displayed in that finals campaign. I will take those memories to my grave. I owe the Club a debt that can never be re-paid. How much do I love the Bulldogs? How many grains of sand are there on the beaches of the earth?
    Not as many as there are stars in the universe apparently.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post

So well said Merantau, I echo your thoughts, safe travels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    So well said Merantau, I echo your thoughts, safe travels.
    Thank you my friend. I made it back to Lombok two days ago all limbs intact. 3100 kms through Lombok, Sumbawa, Flores, Alor, Timor, Sabu, Sumba, Sumbawa and home again. And each night I'd be re-living Finals highlights. It's been the trip of a lifetime - never tire of watching Heath Shaw looking for someone to blame each time Dicko makes him look like a chump. Heath looks like Goddard on roids. Great for a laugh. Thanks Heath.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

21. Likes N/A, Twodogs, Topdog liked this post