Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Preseason Injury Update

Link

Only forward-cum-ruckman Tom Campbell has had post-season surgery - a "cleanout" of an ankle that should have him fully fit in time to do a complete pre-season.

Surgeries before season's end to Mark Austin (wrist), Tom Williams (ankle), and Jack Redpath (arm) will not restrict them for the pre-season while Luke Dahlhaus (ankle) and Dale Morris (broken leg) will also be ready to hit the ground running.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason Injury Update

That's a good start.

Post Thanks / Like

So Jack Redpath is going to stay on the rookie list?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    So Jack Redpath is going to stay on the rookie list?
    Reduced list this year I think but it appears that Redpath is staying.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think Luke D is playing in the UK against Port at the excibition match..? SO he must be fit and firing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Reduced list this year I think but it appears that Redpath is staying.
    Why is it reduced?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Why is it reduced?
    Was only ever a short term thing to help with the introduction of 2 new sides.

It's still linked to veterans etc but I think it's back down to 4 rookies not 6.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It's still linked to veterans etc but I think it's back down to 4 rookies not 6.
    Thanks, wasn't sure if it was a funds issue. Will be interesting to see how many 2012 rookies are promoted then.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

This sticky is appreciated so that we can see how our iron warriors are progressing with their rewelds and hydraulic overhauls to be fully operational for next year's battles.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that down to 4 rookies is not so. Personally I have no idea.
    But such a reduction could have one of, or a combination of the following effects.
    1: We are forced to elevate players before we would otherwise need to to senior lists, or lose them.
    2: Be forced to delist rookies who have yet to prove themselves one way or the other.
    3: Be prevented from rookying and trying potential Morrises, Boyds, and Dals. etc.

Don't see how that could be in the interests of players, clubs, or the competition.

Post Thanks / Like

Just on the rookie list changes the rule is that clubs who have 40 players on their primary lists in 2013 can have only four category A rookies. I believe category B rookies are non-footballers, ie basketballers, athletes, etc that haven't played AFL for 3 years or more. I think non-Irish international rookies are also category B. Regardless we don't have any category B rookies at present.

I assume we will have 40 primary list players next season (38 + 2 veterans), however you can have 38 + 6 rookies if you wish.

*Disclaimer - I'm no expert so I could easily be wrong on aspects of this.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so pleased that we've sent Cooney to Germany that it entered my dreams last night (in the dream I was telling someone about how it helped Koby Bryant and while there were no guarantees, an improved Cooney would be wonderful!).
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

Found this information at the AFL website:

"WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Start of pre-season: Monday, October 29
    Injury list: Daniel Giansiracusa (knee)

Bulldogs medical services manager Andrew McKenzie said the only Dog who will be eased into pre-season training is veteran Giansiracusa, who is recovering from surgery on the lateral meniscus in his right knee, which he injured against Geelong in round 22. But even he should be running by the start of the pre-season. Young ruckman Tom Campbell was the only player to undergo post-season surgery - to remove a bone spur from the front of an ankle - but this isn’t expected to hamper his pre-season campaign. Daniel Cross has recovered well from a shoulder reconstruction and is also on track. Defender Dale Morris is also set to resume. "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Found this information at the AFL website:

"WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Start of pre-season: Monday, October 29
    Injury list: Daniel Giansiracusa (knee)

Bulldogs medical services manager Andrew McKenzie said the only Dog who will be eased into pre-season training is veteran Giansiracusa, who is recovering from surgery on the lateral meniscus in his right knee, which he injured against Geelong in round 22. But even he should be running by the start of the pre-season. Young ruckman Tom Campbell was the only player to undergo post-season surgery - to remove a bone spur from the front of an ankle - but this isn’t expected to hamper his pre-season campaign. Daniel Cross has recovered well from a shoulder reconstruction and is also on track. Defender Dale Morris is also set to resume. "
    So does that mean we basically have a clean sheet for the start of next year.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    So does that mean we basically have a clean sheet for the start of next year.
    Fingers crossed.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.