Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason Injury Update

Seen Cambell today walking in teh city and looked like he was waking fine (although is different to running)

Hopefully full squad on the park for round 1 against Brisbane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Found this information at the AFL website:

"WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Start of pre-season: Monday, October 29
    Injury list: Daniel Giansiracusa (knee)

Bulldogs medical services manager Andrew McKenzie said the only Dog who will be eased into pre-season training is veteran Giansiracusa, who is recovering from surgery on the lateral meniscus in his right knee, which he injured against Geelong in round 22. But even he should be running by the start of the pre-season. Young ruckman Tom Campbell was the only player to undergo post-season surgery - to remove a bone spur from the front of an ankle - but this isn’t expected to hamper his pre-season campaign. Daniel Cross has recovered well from a shoulder reconstruction and is also on track. Defender Dale Morris is also set to resume. "

That's awesome news.

Looking forward to seeing Higgins get around with a full pre-season next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Medical Room Update

Western Bulldogs Medical Services Manager Andrew McKenzie says the Club’s injury list is in great shape compared to season’s past, with Dale Morris headlining a list of senior players who have returned to full training.

“Dale has been back in training for the whole pre-season,” McKenzie said.

“He has been under some modification early in the part but at the moment he’s [completing] full training - he’s pulling up well and looking really good on the track.

“We are actually in really good shape – we’ve got a lot of guys on the track training and only a couple of injuries that have been little niggles across the way.

“Most of the guys that have had surgery have returned into full training over that period and we are really happy.”

Veteran Daniel Giansiracusa has also re-joined the main group after enduring a knee injury late last year.

“He’s recovered really well, he got back into full training post-Christmas, he was doing a modified [program] prior to Christmas, he’s going well in the training – he is running well,” he said.

First round draftee Jake Stringer is also progressing well, continuing to strengthen his leg while adjusting to the requirements of professional football.

“He’s progressing well – we are taking a slow progress with him we are aiming for strength in his calf and round his ankle - that is coming along well.

“We are trying to re-engage his training program - getting him into the strength program is a priority at the moment - but he is completing a good amount of football training as well, so we are happy with where he is at but he will take some time.”

Finally, Tom Williams has returned to training after the Christmas break after enduring an ankle injury at the end of the 2012 season.

“Tom is also tracking well, he’s returned to training post-Christmas - that was really positive,” McKenzie said.

“He’s been on a modified program early in the part but at the moment he’s looking really good, he’s running really well and again moving well on the field.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Gia competes this year. While there's going to be a physical decline, like there was last season, I think he has demonstrated a resiliance in the past that will hold him in good stead.

If our midfield and defensive six are organised enough to move the ball forward with purpose and pace this year, he's going to benefit from it. Last year he was on a hiding to nothing, and there was no scope for him to hide, or work around his declining physical state.

The guy's a loyal servant to our club, and has always taken a very good defender to keep him quiet, whilst performing well over a long period of time. Much respect, I hope he has a great year.

As for Morris, I can't think of a player the Bulldogs community wants to see perform well, or one that is going to be very much welcomed back to the side to boulster its defensive stocks moreso.

Having him on the park will be a huge bonus if that's how it plays out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Thanks for posting that.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Gia competes this year. While there's going to be a physical decline, like there was last season, I think he has demonstrated a resiliance in the past that will hold him in good stead.

If our midfield and defensive six are organised enough to move the ball forward with purpose and pace this year, he's going to benefit from it. Last year he was on a hiding to nothing, and there was no scope for him to hide, or work around his declining physical state.

The guy's a loyal servant to our club, and has always taken a very good defender to keep him quiet, whilst performing well over a long period of time. Much respect, I hope he has a great year.

As for Morris, I can't think of a player the Bulldogs community wants to see perform well, or one that is going to be very much welcomed back to the side to boulster its defensive stocks moreso.

Having him on the park will be a huge bonus if that's how it plays out.
    Lets also hope Tommy Williams can stay injury free. The amount of games he has missed over his career is incredible.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

BRG1993 Guest

Heard a little rumour that Will Minson has pinged a hammy and that it will hamper him this pre-season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BRG1993 View Post
    Heard a little rumour that Will Minson has pinged a hammy and that it will hamper him this pre-season
    Thanks for that BRG, certainly not good news for Will.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Also heard that Austin has broken his arm
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Didn't he have an arm injury at the end of last season?

Post Thanks / Like

Probably. I think he fits in the Tom Williams category of permanently injured
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Thanks for that BRG, certainly not good news for Will.
    Looks alright in today's training photo on Facebook. It must have been minor.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=3&theater

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Looks alright in today's training photo on Facebook. It must have been minor.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=3&theater
    and looking quiet good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BRG1993 View Post
    I went to training today and he was running well and looks super fit.

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    He trained today and did all the contact work so I'd say he's ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I went to training today and he was running well and looks super fit.

He trained today and did all the contact work so I'd say he's ok.
    There must have been confusion as to when he broke his arm. Obviously the statement was made in reference to last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    There must have been confusion as to when he broke his arm. Obviously the statement was made in reference to last year.
    I think Austin was very unlucky not to be promoted to the senior list and I wonder why Tom Young is seen as a better prospect.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"