Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Its Official - basketball with an Oval ball.

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    The bounce should be completely removed. It does not improve the game at all. It limits the talent pool of people who can adjudicate our game and also be semi elite runners.
    While we are at it lets get rid of bouncing the ball when you run or have zones you can't enter, or you can't kick backwards. Throwing the ball up compared to bouncing does effect the way ruckman ruck.

Your argument and others who have mentioned it doesn't stack up as the umpire still has to bounce the ball after a goal. My argument is we are changing a fundamental part of our game. May not change the game a lot but its something unique, its history its part of AFL.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you may have misread where I stated that I feel the bounce should be completely removed. It serves no purpose. Why further reduce the talent pool for umpires? It is criminal to lose umpires who have a good ability to adjudicate the game just because they cannot execute a skill.

It add nothing to our game and can give advantage to one side or the other if not executed correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you may have misread where I stated that I feel the bounce should be completely removed. It serves no purpose. Why further reduce the talent pool for umpires? It is criminal to lose umpires who have a good ability to adjudicate the game just because they cannot execute a skill.

It add nothing to our game and can give advantage to one side or the other if not executed correctly.
    No, I said your argument is flawed because they still need the skill to bounce at the centre.

The AFL's reason for not bouncing is nothing to do with the skill. The AFL says by throwing the ball up the congestion around ball ups will not happen as often as the game will flow quicker. This is just utter rubbish.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I may have to spell this out better .... I want the umpires bounce completely removed. The AFL should also remove the bounce from both centre ball ups..... And around the ground stoppages....

My reasons were spelt out in my previous posts.

If this speeds up play as a by product I am happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I may have to spell this out better .... I want the umpires bounce completely removed. The AFL should also remove the bounce from both centre ball ups..... And around the ground stoppages....

My reasons were spelt out in my previous posts.

If this speeds up play as a by product I am happy.
    Ok, sorry that I misunderstood your position.

we will have to agree to disagree as we are throwing out 100 years of tradition. Just a joke that this game is constantly changed, because a couple of individuals want to change the way the game is played.

No rules will make the game what the AFL envisage it to be played like. Every rule they make is to fix a rule they changed previously.

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be having kick offs to start the game next.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...