Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pity about Marngrook

Gilbert was on SEN recently and I get the feeling the show will be back on another channel.
    Bring back the biff

2. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Marngrook, its marngrook.
    Bring back marngrook for its authenticity and lack of cheap hype that the other shows have.

4. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    This is a bit shit, and truly what the footy media landscape needs; less diversity.

They clearly should've courted more douchey, middle-aged ex-players fond of pocket-pissing and mindless clichés.

If the AFEL were anything but the hollow, self-serving grifters they've shown themselves to be, here's a creative opportunity to do something genuine and forward-thinking for indigenous voices in the game. An opportunity to lead while supporting a platform that in turn supports their product. Not that they'd get it right, naturally.

I hope Marngrook prevails in some fashion.
    Not appealing enough to the vital 'Tradies who need soap' demographic

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t been tuning in much for the last 12-18 months...it felt like it had lost ‘something’...anyone else feel the same?

I know that’s not very helpful or constructive, but I used to always watch but lately...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I haven’t been tuning in much for the last 12-18 months...it felt like it had lost ‘something’...anyone else feel the same?

I know that’s not very helpful or constructive, but I used to always watch but lately...
    Yep, same.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Axed Marngrook Footy Show finds new home

The trailblazing Marngrook Footy Show has been picked up by a new station after being axed last year, with the show’s creator revealing his thoughts on the show’s NITV replacement.

The Marngrook Footy Show, axed by NITV last year, is returning to the small screen on Channel 31.

Marngrook creator and host, Grant Hansen, and co-host Leila Guruwiwi, will be back on air next Wednesday, with panellists including Phil Krakouer, Doug Hawkins, Kevin Bartlett, Shaun Burgoyne, Warwick Capper, Abbey Holmes, Kaitlyn Ashmore and Alicia Newman.

“I’ve been working frantically since NITV dropped the bomb on me last year,” Hansen told Confidential.

“We’ll operating on a low, low, low budget, but I’m doing everything to survive and keep the show on air. Like a phoenix rising up from the ashes, they haven’t killed us off. We will rebuild and bring it back to its former glory.”

This month, NITV announced two indigenous football shows, Yokayi and The Colour Of Your Jumper, which will feature former Marngrook co-hosts Gilbert McAdam and Shelley Ware, respectively.

“I’m really disappointed in NITV,” Hansen said. “We had no idea our show was going to be scotched. They left us high and dry, basically.

“The two new shows are basically spin-offs of the Marngrook Footy Show, but as they say, the original is always the best.”

Hansen hopes sponsors get on board Marngrook “so this other mob don’t pitch our ideas and live off our backs. They’re already promoting it as the new shows taking over from Marngrook. Like f--- they are!”

To date, Marngrook has shot 299 episodes over 13 seasons, with two Logies nominations for best sports program in its resume.

9. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I can watch channel 31? Does Foxtel broadcast it?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Don't think so, why wouldn't you be able to get it though normal FTA TV?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Don't think so, why wouldn't you be able to get it though normal FTA TV?
    I will have to check how my aerial/cable is hooked up in our building ( I am in an apartment)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    While C31 isn't available as a channel on Foxtel, if you're able to bypass your Foxtel connection and receive regular digital channels through your television, you shouldn't have any problems receiving a signal from C31.

https://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/channel-31-c31

14. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post