Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pity about Marngrook

When was the last time you saw an actual ad for Marngrook, pushing any of the AFL heavyweights that regularly come on the show?

Most of the greats I have seen on there were when I tuned in quite by accident.
    Just need to figure out a way to make it shorter, cut production costs and advertise it.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

If the ABC is saying that it costs too much to have the show in a TV format then switch it to a combined Website / Facebook Page / Twitter Page with weekly video interviews with the AFL Indigenous stars of today and yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post
    If the ABC is saying that it costs too much to have the show in a TV format then switch it to a combined Website / Facebook Page / Twitter Page with weekly video interviews with the AFL Indigenous stars of today and yesterday

Good suggestion West Dog. They've thrown it into the too hard basket. Surely they could even just make it a short segment of some kind.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Marngrook Footy Show host Grant Hansen is apparently running for our board.
    Article in the Hun but cannot find a link.
    Would be the first Aboriginal board member at any club, Western Suburbs upbringing, Doggies lifelong supporter, played in our under 19's for a couple of years and with his previous work with the club IMO would be a great asset to the board.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Marngrook Footy Show host Grant Hansen is apparently running for our board.
    Article in the Hun but cannot find a link.
    Would be the first Aboriginal board member at any club, Western Suburbs upbringing, Doggies lifelong supporter, played in our under 19's for a couple of years and with his previous work with the club IMO would be a great asset to the board.
    Good luck to Grant in his bid although he is not the candidate recommended by the Board unfortunately. First met him as a 15 year old growing up in St.Albans and he has always been a super keen doggie supporter. Would make a terrific Director for our Club.

Post Thanks / Like

No thanks .
    Wanted McCartney hung drawn and quartered during the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    No thanks .
    Wanted McCartney hung drawn and quartered during the year.
    Didn't know that. Link?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Didn't know that. Link?
    He was on about it all year.
    Late on he realised the coach was doing a pretty reasonable job .
    Taking pot shots often.

Post Thanks / Like

Pity about Grant Hansen.
    I thought there was a bit of vacancy there behind the shine in his eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    He was on about it all year.
    Late on he realised the coach was doing a pretty reasonable job .
    Taking pot shots often.
    I wouldn't hold that against him. No one likes to see the team get thrashed by 10 goals a week for 10 weeks.

I think he is a nice bloke with passion for the club and it would be good to get an indigenous person on the board.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bring back Marngrook!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I wouldn't hold that against him. No one likes to see the team get thrashed by 10 goals a week for 10 weeks.

I think he is a nice bloke with passion for the club and it would be good to get an indigenous person on the board.
    No one likes to, but short sighted people throw tantrums and demand sackings, that's not the sort of person who should be running a club or a business of any kind. Immature ranters belong in the media (or on Internet forums).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    No one likes to, but short sighted people throw tantrums and demand sackings, that's not the sort of person who should be running a club or a business of any kind. Immature ranters belong in the media (or on Internet forums).
    Beat me to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmmmmm...............

Grant Hanson once told me we need to get rid of softc%#@cks like Brad Johnson and Rohan Smith and start drafting REAL players like Aaron James....... yes he said that.

Also. I severely doubt he ever played under 19's for Footscray, I was pretty close to the FDFL and the U19's at the time. I'm 99.9% sure this is complete bullshit / delusion / fantasy. (Surely someone on WOOF can actually check if this claim is true or not.)

I will say this, however. I love the Marngrook footy show and I think Grant does a great job as host of the show. Keep up the good work Grant, and leave it at that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    If he threw tantrums and demanded sackings I agree, however, I didn't watch the programme at the time so I don't know if he went that far. Did you see him do that?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.