Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pity about Marngrook

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm...............

Grant Hanson once told me we need to get rid of softc%#@cks like Brad Johnson and Rohan Smith and start drafting REAL players like Aaron James....... yes he said that.

Also. I severely doubt he ever played under 19's for Footscray, I was pretty close to the FDFL and the U19's at the time. I'm 99.9% sure this is complete bullshit / delusion / fantasy. (Surely someone on WOOF can actually check if this claim is true or not.)

I will say this, however. I love the Marngrook footy show and I think Grant does a great job as host of the show. Keep up the good work Grant, and leave it at that.
    I like the show also , in particular the panel .
    Gilbert's very funny and Ronnie Burns is enjoyable. The girls are great as well

Post Thanks / Like

I'm disgraced by the axing of the Marngrook Footy Show as it is the only footy show I watch all week. It was a rare example of Bridging the Gap between Aboriginal Australia and mainstream Australia and what better way to Bridge the Gap than through football? Bridging the Gap is a State Government initiative and the show should be an extension of that being funded indirectly by the Government. In this, I call on the Government to allocate funding to this cause to facilitate actioning the Bridging the Gap initiatave which assists in fazing out Adam Goodes'- type fiascos at our sporting grounds.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'm disgraced by the axing of the Marngrook Footy Show as it is the only footy show I watch all week. It was a rare example of Bridging the Gap between Aboriginal Australia and mainstream Australia and what better way to Bridge the Gap than through football? Bridging the Gap is a State Government initiative and the show should be an extension of that being funded indirectly by the Government. In this, I call on the Government to allocate funding to this cause to facilitate actioning the Bridging the Gap initiatave which assists in fazing out Adam Goodes'- type fiascos at our sporting grounds.
    I thought it was axed from ABC2 and rerturned to the National Indigenous station, so still on air.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've said it before, but Marngrook is the only footy show in the history of footy shows, to treat women with equality and respect.
    I think Sam Lane does alright on before the game, but it's more of a comedy show than anything else.

The've had some very very good interviews on Marngrook in the past. Hudson, Qinlan, Van Der Har. Some of these people are quite shy and reluctant to go on something like the footy show or similar. I liked the way they were just allowed to tell their story.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I think I've said it before, but Marngrook is the only footy show in the history of footy shows, to treat women with equality and respect.
    I think Sam Lane does alright on before the game, but it's more of a comedy show than anything else.

The've had some very very good interviews on Marngrook in the past. Hudson, Qinlan, Van Der Har. Some of these people are quite shy and reluctant to go on something like the footy show or similar. I liked the way they were just allowed to tell their story.
    You do realise that Sam Lane has not bee on before the game for one year, possibly two years?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

and Leila Gurruwiwi is a Doggies supporter.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with all the threads re Margrook treating women with respect. Gave up watching the Footy Show year & years ago because it is so blokey & I think has a bit of a cruel humour streak. Marngrook is gentle humour and they bring out the best in current & past players by respecting them and being genuinely nice folk. Plus it's only an hr long.

Not sure Hansen is best candidate for board at present, however what's important is there is a democratic vote that will decide. He is a great host on Marngrook though.
    Josie :)

Our day will come
    And we'll have everything.
    We'll share the joy
    Just like '54 again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought it was axed from ABC2 and rerturned to the National Indigenous station, so still on air.
    I thought the ABC should have continued to support it.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I thought the ABC should have continued to support it.
    The ABC should have continued to support it - budget is much, much less at NITV and stops them doing certain things, but it's still the best footy show on TV. I was in the crowd earlier this year, a fantastic experience.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

And it's gone!

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...30-p535oj.html

Hopefully it gets another life elsewhere, I'd be really sad to see it go.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

11. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

utter stupidity.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh this is a shame. They have been flicked around from pillar to post and keep bouncing back, surely this won't be the end of the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely there’s a space on Fox Footy for it.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

This is a bit shit, and truly what the footy media landscape needs; less diversity.

They clearly should've courted more douchey, middle-aged ex-players fond of pocket-pissing and mindless clichés.

If the AFEL were anything but the hollow, self-serving grifters they've shown themselves to be, here's a creative opportunity to do something genuine and forward-thinking for indigenous voices in the game. An opportunity to lead while supporting a platform that in turn supports their product. Not that they'd get it right, naturally.

I hope Marngrook prevails in some fashion.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    This is a bit shit, and truly what the footy media landscape needs; less diversity.

They clearly should've courted more douchey, middle-aged ex-players fond of pocket-pissing and mindless clichés.

If the AFEL were anything but the hollow, self-serving grifters they've shown themselves to be, here's a creative opportunity to do something genuine and forward-thinking for indigenous voices in the game. An opportunity to lead while supporting a platform that in turn supports their product. Not that they'd get it right, naturally.

I hope Marngrook prevails in some fashion.
    The economics of TV are difficult to navigate, and you only have to look at the tripe that prevails on FTA TV to understand the type of consumer that still goes in for it.

To your point regarding the AFL, it would be a great outcome if they were to support the show on an alternative platform to FTA if it isn't picked up by another network or ultimately Fox etc. Even as a podcast the show would provide a great alternative to other options.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.