Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Graham

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Graham

Has just been appointed to the club as a strategic manager and will oversee things like the move to a stand alone club in the VFL , apparently another person with great leadership and respect.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ben Graham

Good to hear another set of hands are on deck. Everytime I heard Ben interviewed, he comes across as a bright bloke - and he obviously brings a different perspective along with him having played both NFL and AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow we are really assembling a good off field team down there. The next key is to show some improvement on field which will lead to more bums on seats and some belief back into supporters minds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Good to hear another set of hands are on deck.
    Agreed, you'll never hear a complaint from me about continued investment into out footy dept. Shame we didn't have the same mindset a few years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Agreed, you'll never hear a complaint from me about continued investment into out footy dept. Shame we didn't have the same mindset a few years ago.
    Didn't have the money and needed it for the debt , from what I have heard Peter Gordon has decided to Put more money into this department and I believe the AFL also gave us money on the proviso we used it on the footy department
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt mind getting a few of these blokes on the field!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Didn't have the money and needed it for the debt , from what I have heard Peter Gordon has decided to Put more money into this department and I believe the AFL also gave us money on the proviso we used it on the footy department
    Precisely my point. Additional money for the footy dept was just as available 3-4 years ago as it is today. Unfortunately the powers that be weren't, shall we say, as generous with their additional footy dept funding back then. That additional funding might have been handy, seeing as we were a kick away from a GF and were very competitive in 2 other PF's in that era.

Post Thanks / Like

Precisely my point. Additional money for the footy dept was just as available 3-4 years ago as it is today. Unfortunately the powers that be weren't, shall we say, as generous with their additional footy dept funding back then. That additional funding might have been handy, seeing as we were a kick away from a GF and were very competitive in 2 other PF's in that era.
    Are you saying the people in charge of the club should only be there if they are prepared to financially back it with their own cash?

The club should be financially viable by themselves without having to rely on the generosity of others to dig them out of a hole all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Are you saying the people in charge of the club should only be there if they are prepared to financially back it with their own cash?

The club should be financially viable by themselves without having to rely on the generosity of others to dig them out of a hole all the time.
    Not at all. It's just nice to see some long overdue investment into our footy dept, you know seeing as we are a footy club first and foremost. A similar mindset would have been nice to see when were were knee deep in contention.

Anyway welcome to the club Benny.

Post Thanks / Like

Not at all. It's just nice to see some long overdue investment into our footy dept, you know seeing as we are a footy club first and foremost. A similar mindset would have been nice to see when were were knee deep in contention.

Anyway welcome to the club Benny.
    The people who recently put money into the Football Department weren't anywhere to be seen two or three years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

That is incorrect.

The fact that more money is being put into the footy department is a direct result of the extra funding - both from the AFL and through Gordon

Post Thanks / Like

No the money wasn't but is now
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

New theme song.
    "We are the Dogs, the greatest team of all"
    He pulled out the biggest kick at the W/O I've seen back in the mid 90's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    New theme song.
    "We are the Dogs, the greatest team of all"
    He pulled out the biggest kick at the W/O I've seen back in the mid 90's.
    Was there that day and standing right behind him - absolutely massive kick. They smashed us by about 10-12 goals that day from memory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    That is incorrect.

The fact that more money is being put into the footy department is a direct result of the extra funding - both from the AFL and through Gordon
    Thanks EJ and others, I stand corrected.

So am I to assume that (putting the AFL's additional contributions to one side) only Gordon can personally contribute to our footy dept funding but that Smorgon was somehow incapable of doing so in the past??