Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chris Mainwaring dead

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Any one know why? Family problems?
    School holidays?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Guys, lets not speculate on the reasons for this terrible tragedy. If the news sources report soemthing more then thats OK but at the moment we can't have any speculation.
    This is spot on. There'll be plenty of time to figure out how this tragedy occured.

In the meantime, lets remember that an original West Coast player, 2 time premiership player, who is so respected that the AFL entrusted him as an AA selector, has been taken from his family before his time.

Post Thanks / Like

This is very bad news.

Mainy was highly liked and respected in the West. Ha was just a likable guy, such a nice person.

There is not much doubt it was drugs though. Ben Cousins involved in a couple of mercy dashes according to the West Australian newspaper. Could be a dirty story unravelling here.

His young kids deserved better, they would have been so proud of their father's achievements.

It can happen to any of us ... even the good ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cuming View Post
    This is very bad news.

Mainy was highly liked and respected in the West. Ha was just a likable guy, such a nice person.

There is not much doubt it was drugs though. Ben Cousins involved in a couple of mercy dashes according to the West Australian newspaper. Could be a dirty story unravelling here.

His young kids deserved better, they would have been so proud of their father's achievements.

It can happen to any of us ... even the good ones.
    My boss was real sick earlier this year. He likes a beer (a lot) and drinks heaps of water the next morning to re-hydrate. He collapsed a few months ago and it was touch and go for a while. It turns out he had critically low sodium (salt) levels.

The booze was dehydrating him but because he was re-hydrating with water he was diluting his salt levels further. Over time he simply ran out of salt and collapsed.

I heard a report tonight that Mainwaring had a tough workout Sunday morning. If he was dehydrated or if he re-hydrated with plain water his salt levels would have been down as well. Apparently Ecstasy also dehydrates and drains salt.

Post Thanks / Like

Get on the Powerade!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    My boss was real sick earlier this year. He likes a beer (a lot) and drinks heaps of water the next morning to re-hydrate. He collapsed a few months ago and it was touch and go for a while. It turns out he had critically low sodium (salt) levels.

The booze was dehydrating him but because he was re-hydrating with water he was diluting his salt levels further. Over time he simply ran out of salt and collapsed.

I heard a report tonight that Mainwaring had a tough workout Sunday morning. If he was dehydrated or if he re-hydrated with plain water his salt levels would have been down as well. Apparently Ecstasy also dehydrates and drains salt.

Dunno about the salt thing but it's fairly common to drink to much water, because of dehydration, and basically drown your internal organs.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like he was going through a tough time personally.

Wish his family and kids all the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointed in the media, as seems to happen anytime something like this happens in footy these days. I feel terrible for his family, an awful way to lose a guy who was a fantastic footballer. Despite being from "over there" I used to enjoy watching the Weagles of the early 90's a great deal.
    Last edited by The Underdog; 04-10-2007 at 09:56 AM.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me