Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Psd

Post Thanks / Like

Psd

Do we have 1 or 2 picks?

And what is the draft order?

And and have we got anyone training with us?

And and and who do we want?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psd

2 picks but might upgrade Austin if we can't get the right person.

Want at least 1 tall forward.

No one is training with us.

Order same as draft but not sure if Gold Coast and Melbourne are using their pick so might get pick 2. GWS will take Tippett.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we will consider Dylan Roberton ex- Fremantle. Training with St.Kilda at the moment. A bit of a dasher in the backline. Fremantle offered him a contract but he wanted to come back to Victoria. Tallish defender at 191cm. Only 21 years of age. Or maybe Josh Toy is on our radar too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogman View Post
    GWS will take Tippett.
    Would love to see this happen, hilarious

Last word I heard around WOOF was we were after Prismall in the PSD

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it will be Prismall. Essendon are keen to keep him as a rookie.

But are only looking at mature aged players around the 22 to 24 age group, so don't think Garlett will be an option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogman View Post
    Not sure if it will be Prismall. Essendon are keen to keep him as a rookie.
    He's just been given permission to train with Port. No doubt he's still on our radar but interesting that Port are now keen.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure we have One pick Maybe Bate dont think we are keen On Prismall anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps the selection of Hrovat, who Macca has singled out as most likely to play senior footy next year, has taken the position/role that we would have offered Prismall?

If we upgrade a rookie I would prefer Jong over Austin, but won't be upset if we promote Austin. I think that with Roughead, Talia, Roberts, Markovic, Morris (possibly), Williams (if required) we have enough tall/medium tall defenders ready to go. Not saying that we are low on midfielders like Jong, but I would be happy to see him on the senior list IF we are willing to upgrade someone.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read Redpath's name used a bit during some of the interviews post draft. Could he be a chance for a senior spot?

Did we lose interest in Josh Toy or just give up during trade week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I've read Redpath's name used a bit during some of the interviews post draft. Could he be a chance for a senior spot?

Did we lose interest in Josh Toy or just give up during trade week?
    If he is promoted it would continue the baffling rookie upgrades of previous seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If he is promoted it would continue the baffling rookie upgrades of previous seasons.
    A whole different coaching panel is now in place, keep that in mind, why do people keep going back to the previous groups errors and think that it's going to be same old?

From what I see so far from this football department has been awesome in recruiting, the head space and talent the new players are in has been unbelievable, remember last years draft and the players bought in all of them seem to have something and that was this panels first go at it.
    If Redpath is upgraded he must have some serious upside, just for the record I have met the kid and it wouldn't surprise me.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    A whole different coaching panel is now in place, keep that in mind, why do people keep going back to the previous groups errors and think that it's going to be same old?

From what I see so far from this football department has been awesome in recruiting, the head space and talent the new players are in has been unbelievable, remember last years draft and the players bought in all of them seem to have something and that was this panels first go at it.
    If Redpath is upgraded he must have some serious upside, just for the record I have met the kid and it wouldn't surprise me.
    What new panel? The coach is the only new panel, recruiting staff are the same.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What new panel? The coach is the only new panel, recruiting staff are the same.
    Throw in the list manager as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post

Ledge, firstly I am a massive fan of Dalyrimple and his coaching team, and have been since day one. He has been unfairly judged on this board.

Back to Redpath what has he done to deserve an upgrade?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    ... If we upgrade a rookie I would prefer Jong over Austin, but won't be upset if we promote Austin. I think that with Roughead, Talia, Roberts, Markovic, Morris (possibly), Williams (if required) we have enough tall/medium tall defenders ready to go. Not saying that we are low on midfielders like Jong, but I would be happy to see him on the senior list IF we are willing to upgrade someone.
    I am 100% in agreement with you. Austin can be kept for a long-term injury rookie promotion if that happens to one of our taller defender warriors. Jong looked as if he will press for a senior battle position in 2013.