Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Psd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psd

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Ben Hudson.
    Lol! That would be hilarious!
    Do you know something, or just being absurd?

I don't know why Tippett isn't being mentioned more, if GWS don't take him we have a pick before Sydney does. Maybe he's the 5th player.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post

I don't know why Tippett isn't being mentioned more, if GWS don't take him we have a pick before Sydney does. Maybe he's the 5th player.
    Or he costs too much.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LongWait View Post
    My mail is we've told Lower we'll select him in the PSD, so he'd therefore be on our main list. Lower prefers us over remaining at Freo is what I've been told.
    Good mail then.

I'm really happy to get Lower.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Or he costs too much.
    Too much for the cap? Or too much as in not worth it?
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...7/default.aspx

No talk of a rookie upgrade now so it looks like it's going to be 2 out of these 4 players.

Nick Lower
    Matthew Bate

Ben Duscher
    Brett Goodes

I think they'll go with the bolded. If Goodes was around 25 - 26 he'd be my first choice.
    I think Ben Duscher has a connection to Shannon Grant? If he does he would have a good shot at it also. Nice size, right age and has good disposal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post

If we were back in the market to get Kurt Tippett who would we have to give up?

Post Thanks / Like

According to twitter an Irish bloke called Bill O'Carrol is training with us. Apparently just over 6 foot. International rookies don't take up normal spots do they so he could be a bonus rookie
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    If we were back in the market to get Kurt Tippett who would we have to give up?
    Here's one for those that understand next years draft a bit.

Can we take Tippet in the PSD (I understand he'll nominate terms, so that may be an issue re: tenure), & then trade him to Sydney at next years trade week for their first round selection?

Costs us a bit in salary (could be a problem), might cause disquiet with existing players (could be a major problem), feels kind of dirty (perception could be a problem), he could get concussed (could be a problem) & he has an awful return after round 11 so Sydney (& anyone else may not part with a first round pick).

Those are the negatives as I see them & that alone is enough for me to have NO part whatsoever, but is there anyone that would perhaps consider it if it meant 2 picks in round one in an uncompromised draft in 2013?
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Not for me CD as the risk of more concussion may well render him valueless.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think we should stay away.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Here's one for those that understand next years draft a bit.

Can we take Tippet in the PSD (I understand he'll nominate terms, so that may be an issue re: tenure), & then trade him to Sydney at next years trade week for their first round selection?

Costs us a bit in salary (could be a problem), might cause disquiet with existing players (could be a major problem), feels kind of dirty (perception could be a problem), he could get concussed (could be a problem) & he has an awful return after round 11 so Sydney (& anyone else may not part with a first round pick).

Those are the negatives as I see them & that alone is enough for me to have NO part whatsoever, but is there anyone that would perhaps consider it if it meant 2 picks in round one in an uncompromised draft in 2013?
    Smells a little like the Veale deal to me, but I like your creativity.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

In theory we could.

Would be a VERY expensive first round pick though, particularly if the Swans finish up near the top again...pay an extra $1mill in salary for the 18th pick in the draft seems like a high price.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    In theory we could.

Would be a VERY expensive first round pick though, particularly if the Swans finish up near the top again...pay an extra $1mill in salary for the 18th pick in the draft seems like a high price.
    I think the question should be does he have no interest in coming to Melbourne? We've had 2 good power forwards (that we've recruited under 30 years of age) in the past 30 years and here is one that will only cost a pre season pick. Sure he'll take up cap space but we should be well placed to absorb his salary.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where we will find a spare million per annum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Not sure where we will find a spare million per annum.
    We're probably struggling to hit minimum salary cap expenditure!