Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 Membership Tally

Post Thanks / Like

Slowly getting better.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there are a specific targeted plan to get to 40,000 and even 50,000? Have we had a conference on how to significantly grow our membership? Are objectives being met? Are strategies being evaluated? Have what we we have done in the past been evaluated as to their success or otherwise? Are we using updated techniques from here and abroad to garner members more efficiently? Are we setting up systems for exponential growth?

Or are we just hoping for more? 30,000 or fewer just won't cut it in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

All good points Metal. I'm confident the club is doing just about everything it can to increase the membership base. The communication is terrific, all our supporters know the importance of what memberships mean to the club and the payment option really helps a lot of supporters get a membership each.

Unfortunately those options still doesn't appear to be enough and so many of our supporters won't buy memberships unless they know we will make the finals. I get that point but I'd like to think more people who have the financial capacity to join will do so without the potential ladder position being a consideration.

We need to try and tap into our heartland areas more to see if we can convert some of them into genuine Bulldog supporters.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    All good points Metal. I'm confident the club is doing just about everything it can to increase the membership base. The communication is terrific, all our supporters know the importance of what memberships mean to the club and the payment option really helps a lot of supporters get a membership each.

Unfortunately those options still doesn't appear to be enough and so many of our supporters won't buy memberships unless they know we will make the finals. I get that point but I'd like to think more people who have the financial capacity to join will do so without the potential ladder position being a consideration.

We need to try and tap into our heartland areas more to see if we can convert some of them into genuine Bulldog supporters.
    Tapping into our heartland areas is easier said than done. It all depends on the on field success we have that will get the supporters in. These people in our heartland areas will support other clubs if we don't have that on field success. We have to become good and try and draw in new supporters from everywhere and eventually have a good spread of Dogs fans across the city.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 01-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The lets see how they go Brigade that will ensure the membership is low.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    The lets see how they go Brigade that will ensure the membership is low.
    There will always be supporters that jump on the bandwagon but let's not turn into another Richmond :s
    [B]I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Hopefully all Woofers are members.
    Maybe we can have a icon on our avatar to symbolise our membership.
    I'm a member even though I live overseas. Even if you can't get to games it is worth being a member. You can't be critical of the club, if you are not prepared to be a member.

Post Thanks / Like

Havent bought my 3 memberships and 2 seats yet as Im still waiting a reply .... bloody hopeless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hughy31 View Post
    Havent bought my 3 memberships and 2 seats yet as Im still waiting a reply .... bloody hopeless
    That's very frustrating hughy31.

Total Members: 17,038
    Last edited by Eastdog; 11-01-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The communication from the club and the media profile in this preseason is high enough for me to have mates who support other clubs complaining that they are seeing too much in the press about the Bulldogs whether it be recruits, draft, coaching panel, fitness, NAB cup preparatio etc (particularly print media). I encouraged them to go to our website for even greater insight in the club, referencing our meet the draftees, preseason updates and Roughie's video insight into the London trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Even with 3 recent Pre-lim finals, around 30,000 would seem to be our benchmark unfortunately. Would there be enough financially endowed potential supporters to tap into our Heartland? Both North Melbourne and the WB continue to struggle and perhaps it comes down to a lack of Premierships. The Club has done a great job in its adopting a strong Community emphasis but using it as a catalyst for increased membership remains a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm back in as of today, got the email from the club.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Charlie the Wonder Dog Guest

I'm back in as Social Club Member, joined the three youngsters as well. OUCH.

Not telling Sybil about that one.

Post Thanks / Like