Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Adam Cooney Flying

Scott Gullan - Herald Sun - 1 Dec

THE text message on the way had layers of excitement in it from a Western Bulldogs official watching training.

Running without a limp was the observation. Was it PR spin or were the whispers of an Adam Cooney resurrection actually true?

When Robert Murphy asks about the interview subject as he wanders through the cafe at Whitten Oval, it turns out there is no spin.

"He's flying."

And then adds with a smile: "He's running on top of the ground, as they would say."

Cooney laughs when Murphy's words are relayed to him a few minutes later. "Murph gets a bit excited."

The reason for the excitement is the fact that for the first time in four years Cooney was able to front up to day one of pre-season and, since then, hasn't missed a beat for the past three weeks.

This is all on the back of a ground-breaking procedure he had on his troublesome right knee in Germany just over a month ago.

Cooney is naturally being ultra-cautious, but admits he's feeling the best he has for a long, long, long time.

Article in full...
    Last edited by Go_Dogs; 01-12-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam Cooney Flying

I think I just had an accident after reading that, with our current group of hard noses and a fit Cooney and Griffen the immediate future doesn't look so bleak. If he can stay on the park and give us 80-90% I think our season must take a upward trend.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to see Coon back fit & firing... Hope he can be get a good run at it and play the type of footy we know he is capable of on a regular basis.

Let's hope the body continues to allow him to do the hard yards so he is in good nick when the season starts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Would love to see Coon back fit & firing... Hope he can be get a good run at it and play the type of footy we know he is capable of on a regular basis.

Let's hope the body continues to allow him to do the hard yards so he is in good nick when the season starts.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Cooney can put in a full pre-season. Won't it make a difference to our midfield if we can get him back somewhere near his best?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'll ask the silly question but who is the player standing alongside of Cooney?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic that Cooney can put in a full pre-season. Won't it make a difference to our midfield if we can get him back somewhere near his best?
    To think if it was up to some on here, that picture would have him in another jumper.
    I for one have never lost hope and if anyone has forgotten watch the last quarter of round 18 2005.....He is everything. I'll continue to hold my breath and live in hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    Loks a bit like Mark Austin to me

Post Thanks / Like

I got a tingle reading that just hate that I can't read the whole article as I don't have a season pass to the little paper.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    I got a tingle reading that just hate that I can't read the whole article as I don't have a season pass to the little paper.
    Try this link.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/wes...-1226527567665

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Thanks for that Bulldog4life I can also feel a bit of a spring in my step after reading that!!
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that Bulldog4life I can also feel a bit of a spring in my step after reading that!!
    Ditto. By the way most of the articles in the HUN appear in news.com.au

Post Thanks / Like

Irishman maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Adam Cooney.....potentially recruit of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Just about everything footy related in the Hun is also on the daily telegraph website. Free.

Post Thanks / Like

Might be Lower?