Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Adrian Anderson Gawn...

according to everyone

heading to North Melbourne is a guess?????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adrian Anderson Gawn...

Caro's reporting it. He'll probably be promoted to CEO then.

Link

Post Thanks / Like

From the Official AFL Twitter ...

AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou has announced General Manager of Football Operations Adrian Anderson has resigned.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Did he write down his resignation letter on a post-it note and hand it to the nearest interchange steward?

Post Thanks / Like

Good riddance twerp.

Post Thanks / Like

Find it amusing the anghst against the current AFL admin.
    Just a reminder under previous admins you wouldn't be posting here as there would be no club to follow.Heard Wayne Jackson advocating less teams in Melbourne, Oakley tried to remove us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just a reminder under previous admins you wouldn't be posting here as there would be no club to follow.Heard Wayne Jackson advocating less teams in Melbourne, Oakley tried to remove us.
    This.

We should be thankful for the current regime.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Two previous douchebags doesn't make current douchebag any better.

On the topic, I'm surprised he admitted he'd resigned. I thought surely he'd spend at least a few months in the press, telling anybody who'd listen that resignations just don't happen in footy at the moment, but that there'd be a review at the end of the season…

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    This.

We should be thankful for the current regime.
    That's like saying "Don't complain about our government at least we don't live in Nazi Germany".
    Yeah that's all well and good but how the hell are we ever going to improve if we let imbeciles like Anderson skate by because the current admin hasn't tried to kill us (yet). Hell at least under Jackson and Oakley our team was playing football, not the basketball/soccer/rugby hybrid Anderson and his cronies slowly turned the game into.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    That's like saying "Don't complain about our government at least we don't live in Nazi Germany".
    Yeah that's all well and good but how the hell are we ever going to improve if we let imbeciles like Anderson skate by because the current admin hasn't tried to kill us (yet). Hell at least under Jackson and Oakley our team was playing football, not the basketball/soccer/rugby hybrid Anderson and his cronies slowly turned the game into.
    Whilst I agree with what you're saying re imbeciles and idiots, I loved footy then, and I love footy now, *shrug*.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Previous administrations wanted to kill us or move us to Timbuktu. This administration simply wants to harness us to the milking machine and use us to feed the Collingwood and Hawthorns of the world. Occasionally chopping off a limb to give to a new club along the way.

We are not important to them, the role we play in providing opposition for the "big" clubs is all that matters to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Every sport is played differently than it was 20 years ago.
    Would you see 400 made in a day 20 years ago?
    Not saying Anderson has done a great job , just merely pointing out that be careful what you wish for. Just ask our new president what regime he'd prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Previous administrations wanted to kill us or move us to Timbuktu. This administration simply wants to harness us to the milking machine and use us to feed the Collingwood and Hawthorns of the world. Occasionally chopping off a limb to give to a new club along the way.

We are not important to them, the role we play in providing opposition for the "big" clubs is all that matters to them.
    I agree with you to an extent, but they could pull the plug on us , Norf, Port and a few others.
    I get annoyed when I hear Gary Pert beating his chest and boasting about "Not getting handouts". Yet they enjoy their max exposure .

Post Thanks / Like

Until we get an equal draw I will always complain.......wishful thinking but the way they are going is creating a vicious circle.

Post Thanks / Like

With the two new teams and everything based around an 18 team competition I think the days of the Bulldogs vs the AFL are a distant memory.
    Clubs that can articulate their issues will be supported by the AFL and Anderson hasn't been difficult to deal with.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"