Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Third time lucky as Nick Lower is upbeat about future with the Western Bulldogs

NEW free-agent signing Nick Lower says he passed up the guarantee of another season at Fremantle for the chance to secure a place on the Western Bulldogs list.

The former Port Adelaide midfielder said he was shocked when Fremantle coach Ross Lyon delisted him with a year still to run on his contract.

A relationship with Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney - a former Fremantle development coach - resulted in Lower being invited to Whitten Oval to try his luck alongside other delisted players, including Matthew Bate (Melbourne) and Brent Prismall (Essendon).

By the time Fremantle offered him another guaranteed season, he was sold on proving himself to Bulldogs coach Brendan McCartney.

Read more
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Third time lucky as Nick Lower is upbeat about future with the Western Bulldogs

I like that he had confidence in his own abilities to give the dogs a shot. A shot that was good for both parties I feel. The more I read and see of Lower, the more I like him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Third time lucky as Nick Lower is upbeat about future with the Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I like that he had confidence in his own abilities to give the dogs a shot. A shot that was good for both parties I feel. The more I read and see of Lower, the more I like him.
    Agree with everything you have said.

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Jon Ralph a doggies man?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Sanchez View Post
    Is Jon Ralph a doggies man?
    Barracks for the Tigers.

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Barracks for the Tigers.
    Poor bloke. I had in mind he was one of us... Cheers for the insight though.

Post Thanks / Like

Why was he delisted from Port?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Wasn't he delisted from Freo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Because they have no idea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Wasn't he delisted from Freo?
    Lower was delisted by Port Adelaide at the end of the 2009 season. After a successful 2010 season for Norwood in the SANFL, where he finished second in the Magarey Medal,[1] he was drafted by Fremantle in the 2011 Rookie Draft.[2]

Nice one T and T
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus