Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs Museum

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs Museum

As many of you know, the club had cabinets for a museum built into the new development. Victoria University staff and students have been helping with the research and setting up of the Bulldogs Museum and the cabinets are now being set up.

I thought I'd share a few photos of the early stages. You can see it when you go the club, the cabinets line both sides of the corridoor on the right after you enter the building, along with some glorious paintings including I think the Team of the Century.

The photos in the posts below below are from my colleague, Associate Professor Rob Hess, who has been lucky enough to be the Bulldogs Historian in Residence this year.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs Museum

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    As many of you know, the club had cabinets for a museum built into the new development. Victoria University staff and students have been helping with the research and setting up of the Bulldogs Museum and the cabinets are now being set up.

I thought I'd share a few photos of the early stages. You can see it when you go the club, the cabinets line both sides of the corridoor on the right after you enter the building, along with some glorious paintings including I think the Team of the Century.

The photos below are from my colleague, Associate Professor Rob Hess, who has been lucky enough to be the Bulldogs Historian in Residence this year.
    Sorry Raw Toast, I think you forgot the link.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Sorry Raw Toast, I think you forgot the link.
    Trying to put up the images now.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a cabinet devoted to the inspiring 1989 fightback against the merger. There are only three of these merger jumpers in existence, and note of course, the 'Up Yours Oakley' stickers.

I've been struggling to upload the images, so here's this one on twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

The others via twitter are early jumpers, the Sachse jumper among some trophies, behind the scenes, and more work to do.

Captions and further details explaining the themes and items in the collection are in development.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 1961 annual report and a Gary Dempsey full page lift out of when he won the brown low, also heaps of footy records going back to the early 70s wonder if they are of interest.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I have the 1961 annual report and a Gary Dempsey full page lift out of when he won the brown low, also heaps of footy records going back to the early 70s wonder if they are of interest.
    The club has an almost complete record of annual reports (might be missing one or two from 1920s), and I think they have most of the footy records as well, but worth dropping them an email/letter to check.

One of the items in the collection was a trophy discovered in the backyard during renovations.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a cabinet devoted to the inspiring 1989 fightback against the merger. There are only three of these merger jumpers in existence, and note of course, the 'Up Yours Oakley' stickers.

I've been struggling to upload the images, so here's this one on twitter.
    What an ugly jumper, glad I was part of the fight back and never saw it's existance
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Went and had a look about 9 pm last night, loved the huge paintings by Jamie Cooper. Also has the NAB cup now .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Is it open and ready to go?

This addition to the WO should really add to a fans' experience when they drop in to the Pound, or to watch training etc. The sort of thing that you'd love to walk your kids through and explain how they exist within a narrative that spans beyond current player celebrity and weekend results. Hopefully it can be something that grows with time into a valuable fan experience.

Perhaps it could lead to things like stadium tours, and guided talks for visitors? I was really enthralled by my experience of a Fenway Park tour and a walk through some of their Boston Red Sox memorabilia. Likewise the New England Sports Museum at TD Garden. I see some good opportunities to engage with fans and build the concept of the Club existing beyond the team on field through these initiatives, volunteering opportunities etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Raw Toast's links

If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

You have used the images option rather than links option.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The club has an almost complete record of annual reports (might be missing one or two from 1920s), and I think they have most of the footy records as well, but worth dropping them an email/letter to check.

One of the items in the collection was a trophy discovered in the backyard during renovations.
    That was a great story of Bulldogs supporters who live in Seaford who actually found Bulldogs treasure in their backyard amazingly. Is the 1954 Premiership cup there Raw Toast I could say it definitely is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    That was a great story of Bulldogs supporters who live in Seaford who actually found Bulldogs treasure in their backyard amazingly. Is the 1954 Premiership cup there Raw Toast I could say it definitely is.
    There was no cup in 54 it was just a flag back then
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    There was no cup in 54 it was just a flag back then
    Ive seen a picture of Charlie Sutton hold up the 1954 premiership cup.