Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  79
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Mark Stevens

Mark Stevens will be leaving the HS to take up the Chief Football Reporter role at Channel 7. Well deserved - he's been an excellent print media reporter for many years in a sea of mediocrity and he's been excellent on Pay TV with The Back Page. It will be terrific seeing a proud and passionate Bulldog supporter keeping the rest of the Channel 7 footy riff raff honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations Mark Stevens

Going to be a big loss for our club in terms of getting exposure in the H/S.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on down Sam Landsberger.
    Does this mean we get more Jon Ralph Malph fluff pieces?
    The Age breaks the big stories these days anyway

Post Thanks / Like

If Stevo is working on the free to air games he ain't gonna see us too much in 2013.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Going to be a big loss for our club in terms of getting exposure in the H/S.
    Disagree. He’s not lost to media… Rather going to a bigger outlet with greater reach and a larger audience… It’s positive both for him personally and the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Come on down Sam Landsberger.
    Does this mean we get more Jon Ralph Malph fluff pieces?
    The Age breaks the big stories these days anyway
    Notice that we also get strong media coverage out of Ben Collins at AFL.com both via their website and his own Twitter account.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Notice that we also get strong media coverage out of Ben Collins at AFL.com both via their website and his own Twitter account.
    The AFL is also trying to be a media centre similar to the papers and radio stations, with the view that supporters will go there first for their footy fix or news story and hence have allocated teams to certain jurno's.

Strangely enough yet to see a negative article from them of any sort ...

Jon Pierik from the AGE has done a few articles on us, I honestly think they are drip feeding us. Yesterday there was the article on Shaun Higgins and tonight / tomorrow the article on Gia perhaps being his last season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Sanchez View Post
    Disagree. He’s not lost to media… Rather going to a bigger outlet with greater reach and a larger audience… It’s positive both for him personally and the club.
    Not sure I agree, bigger audience yes, but limited air time I would think which would mean coverage of the bigger clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

TV footy reporter Mark Stevens has quit Channel 7 to work for the Liberal Party

Channel 7 chief football reporter Mark Stevens will quit journalism for a stint in politics.

Stevens has been hired as the new Media Manager for the Victorian Liberal Party as it bolsters its team ahead of the 2022 state election.

Channel 7 staff were advised of the move on Thursday.

Stevens joined the network as chief football reporter in 2012 after 14 years at the Herald Sun.

The Liberal Party has been on the hunt for a senior media professional to join the team after former Channel 9 reporter Tineka Everaardt quit earlier this year.

The party has been encouraged by exclusive polling out this week which showed a five per cent swing against the government.

Some MPs are now confident that swing could increase, but say much is dependent on the performance of the Liberal Party.

“We have to show we are united, and ready to govern,” one senior source said.

It is hoped the appointment of Stevens, who will report to Director of Communications Mitch Grayson, could help consolidate the party’s key messaging.

The move comes after Stevens last month revealed his shock bowel cancer diagnosis.

The father of two had surgery to remove the affected area in late March and after being told it was stage one, avoided further treatment.

Stevens will start in the role on July 12.

10. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes Threedogs, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to him. We need to get another strong bulldogs voice into prominence. Landsberger?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Rumour is he accepted a job with the Libs, thinking he'd be working with the Liberatore family.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped following him on twitter after all is RW views. This confirms what I think of him - what a shame, should have stuck to sports journo.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I stopped following him on twitter after all is RW views. This confirms what I think of him - what a shame, should have stuck to sports journo.
    Ha, I think I share your political leanings. Look, maybe this can help us. Been pretty clear of late on twitter which way he leans. I guess enough politics from me on here.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess now that the Dogs are good Stevo has to look outside footy to satiate his attraction to total losers.

Who even knew there was a Victorian Liberal Party anyway?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Who even knew there was a Victorian Liberal* Party anyway?
    *Qanon. Fixed.