Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  79
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations Mark Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    What if I'm a religious politician at an annual brothel awards dinner on official business?
    That’s a tough one
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I too am ready for a sedat rant
    Feeling pretty zen tonight. Cats are getting hammered and I can't even gripe with the usually garbage ch 7 coverage, as Jason Bennett is doing that strange thing of effective play-by-play commentary with a minimum of fuss.

Stevo is still a young man with a young family, and who has just recovered from a significant cancer scare - some of the comments on here are downright bizarre, pretty distasteful and quite unhinged at best. I hope he finds happiness and enjoyment in his new role.

It seems that some people are more passionate about their political affiliations than their footy team, which I personally find very strange. Even stranger is feeling the need to parade these affiliations like it fervently matters on a footy fan site.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Likes bulldogtragic, azabob, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What if I'm a religious politician at an annual brothel awards dinner on official business?
    Then enjoy yourself, and repent afterwards. Taste that sweet, sweet absolution.

5. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Feeling pretty zen tonight. Cats are getting hammered and I can't even gripe with the usually garbage ch 7 coverage, as Jason Bennett is doing that strange thing of effective play-by-play commentary with a minimum of fuss.

Stevo is still a young man with a young family, and who has just recovered from a significant cancer scare - some of the comments on here are downright bizarre, very distasteful and quite unhinged at best. I hope he finds happiness and enjoyment in his new role.

It seems that some people are more passionate about their political affiliations than their footy team, which I personally find very strange. Even stranger is feeling the need to parade these affiliations like it fervently matters on a footy fan site.
    I worry for Jason. How long until he is mainstreamed into the horrible, superficial cult of channel 7?

7. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stevo is still a young man with a young family, and who has just recovered from a significant cancer scare - some of the comments on here are downright bizarre, very distasteful and quite unhinged at best. I hope he finds happiness and enjoyment in his new role.

I'm glad you're feeling Zen!

Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Good luck to Mark Stevens in his new role.

Never talk about politics, sex or religion at work or at a function.

https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/sex-r...ussing-office/
    A function is just about the only place I'd talk about politics, sex or religion Easty.

11. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Stevo, political affiliations aside, I don't think I could put myself in his shoes and say I'd be able to what he's doing one way or another as political expediency would completely trump transparent and quality messaging on either side of the political divide.

Perhaps he's wanting a change, and perhaps what he's changing towards shows just how superficial AFL media and crony oriented reporting has become. Ch7 is the official mouthpiece of the AFL, perhaps he got sick of the BS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm glad you're feeling Zen!

Zen with a dash of clarity

Good luck to him. It will be a challenging role to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps he's wanting a change, and perhaps what he's changing towards shows just how superficial AFL media and crony oriented reporting has become. Ch7 is the official mouthpiece of the AFL, perhaps he got sick of the BS.
    If you're wanting to move away from a crony oriented career path, not sure working for either of our two major political parties is a good choice.

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I worry for Jason. How long until he is mainstreamed into the horrible, superficial cult of channel 7?
    Believe it or not, BT was an excellent play-by-play commentator when he was on Fox Footy circa 2011. Then he was ch 7'ed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    If you're wanting to move away from a crony oriented career path, not sure working for either of our two major political parties is a good choice.
    Well that's kind of what I'm getting at.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, BT was an excellent play-by-play commentator when he was on Fox Footy circa 2011. Then he was ch 7'ed.
    No ‘oh boy woweee Mick Turner footy factory’ back then?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

19. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Being 'Ch 7'ed' is very much like a pop music executive. 'Hmmm I love how you are passionate about constructing sentences analysing the game but our research indicates the fans love you screaming *insert word/catchphrase here* every two minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's kind of what I'm getting at.
    Ah maybe I should read and comprehend.

22. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Being 'Ch 7'ed' is very much like a pop music executive. 'Hmmm I love how you are passionate about constructing sentences analysing the game but our research indicates the fans love you screaming *insert word/catchphrase here* every two minutes.
    The ch 7 playbook revolves around the commentators being the stars of the coverage and not the players.