Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Richmond - The big improvers?

Lets lose any personal vendettas with the Tigers but I'd like to hear if people think they are likely to step up a few positions on the ladder in 2013?

They have a very good midfield with the likes of Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Foley, Tuck and Conca. A nice back line with Rance, Chaplin, Griffiths, Ellis, Morris and Newman and they have a dangerous forward line with Riewoldt, Vickery, King, Nahas and Knights.

Can anyone else see them making a big improvement next season?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Richmond - The big improvers?

Some are saying that Hardwick's job is in trouble if Richmond don't make the 8 in 2013.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried to address the right areas but I think they lack real depth much like Carlton. I think they will improve and push hard for the 8 but thats about it. Too many of them go missing when the heat really gets turned up. It is a massive step up for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on the fence about Richmond. They have some developing talent but they haven't been able to play together consistently both from week to week and within games themselves. I think the culture within the club celebrates mediocrity and I think that will play a role in limiting how much they progress.

I have concerns about the off field habits and dedication of some of the younger players they are relying on to take them forward. Martin and Conca for example have a lot of maturing to do before they can be considered certainties to take the Tigers forward.

I think they'll finish between 7-11 depending on luck with injuries.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see them being top four, which in essence means they have bugger all chance of winning anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree that their depth isn't great and this will be their downfall.

They need to make the 8 though. They've made solid progress since Hardwick came on board, but if they fail again next season to play finals, it would be a big step backwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Their biggest issue is the backline. Rance isnot a KPP, he is just not tall enough and they don't really have a centre half back. If they are going to make finals then I think 2013 is their best chance, but they won't be top four.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Their biggest issue is the backline. Rance isnot a KPP, he is just not tall enough and they don't really have a centre half back. If they are going to make finals then I think 2013 is their best chance, but they won't be top four.
    That's what I reckon as well. They're to Riewoldt centric as well.
    Chance for the eight yes, but not top 4 for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get sucked in to the hype, every year they are top 4 material then it falls in a screaming heap after round 1.

In the running for the 8, but nothing more.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

They've topped up with a lot of average players too.

Bottom half of the top 8 for me as long as they have a good run with injuries.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Might squeeze into top eight, then will crash and burn. They're not as good as the hype.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I predict they will finish ninth

Post Thanks / Like

I think they will do well next season. Their midfield will get them pretty far, but doubt they have the icing to finish the job in finals.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I'm on the fence about Richmond. They have some developing talent but they haven't been able to play together consistently both from week to week and within games themselves. I think the culture within the club celebrates mediocrity and I think that will play a role in limiting how much they progress.

I have concerns about the off field habits and dedication of some of the younger players they are relying on to take them forward. Martin and Conca for example have a lot of maturing to do before they can be considered certainties to take the Tigers forward.

I think they'll finish between 7-11 depending on luck with injuries.
    Stache, what exactly do you mean by that? How does it manifest?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how they celebrate mediocrity. They are still paying for their time with Terry Wallace but less so over time. Once they get over that hangover, will be a force to be reckoned with.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus