Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Richmond - The big improvers?

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I'm with you but I have to concede they've developed a nice list with a midfield that threatens to become the best in the AFL.
    Really? Cotchin is a top 10 player, Deledio is up there if you're counting him, but Foley, Tuck, Conca & Martin don't strike me as elite.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    Really? Cotchin is a top 10 player, Deledio is up there if you're counting him, but Foley, Tuck, Conca & Martin don't strike me as elite.
    I would have Martin as elite.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you make of the coach? Hardwick seems like a nice enough guy but doesn't strike me as being a master tactician. I've been to a few Richmond smashings in my time.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    Martin is a deadset star, just a shame he's also a knob, it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I would have Martin as elite.
    Still a couple of years away IMO, and his commitment to his footy to get there is in doubt.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Had a poor year last year. Not elite for mine, hanging out with Connors isn't going to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Had a poor year last year. Not elite for mine, hanging out with Connors isn't going to help.
    Hasn't there been speculation that Martin is just as bad an influence on Connors?

Post Thanks / Like

Martin had a good year interrupted by injury and stupidity.

He isn't elite at the moment but he isn't far off either. He is already a game changer.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they will be the North of 2012. Easy draw, good run at some point, scrape into the 8 then get absolutely flogged in the finals. Watching North do that was pleasure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    I think they will be the North of 2012. Easy draw, good run at some point, scrape into the 8 then get absolutely flogged in the finals. Watching North do that was pleasure.

I could not have said it better myself. Loved watching them talk up how good they were going only to get put back in there place by West Coast. God that was good!

I'm still not set on tigers I think Carlton will be the big improvers
    [B]I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Gee their supporters need to find that elusive lid that comes off at this time of the year.
    I think they're a chance for the eight but to say they 're going past the likes of Freo, Geelong and even Norf is a bit of a stretch.I think Carlton and even The Bombres will be thereabouts for the eight .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post
    I could not have said it better myself. Loved watching them talk up how good they were going only to get put back in there place by West Coast. God that was good!

I'm still not set on tigers I think Carlton will be the big improvers
    I just don't see where they can improve? They didn't bring in anymore talent, Judd is a year older and slower and Eddie Betts is their forward line for another year. Possibly they get more out of Gibbs but I don't see much else on the horizon. At least Norf have young improvers taking them up the list and the tigers seem to have added some of what they need.

Tigers, North, Lions and Freo improvers for mine
    Saints, Blues to continue to stagnate

Post Thanks / Like

All about injures for mine, if they keep their important players fit, 6th or 7th isn't out of the question. Cotchin, Deledio, Martin, Riewoldt, Maric etc is a lot of top end talent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    I just don't see where they can improve? They didn't bring in anymore talent, Judd is a year older and slower and Eddie Betts is their forward line for another year. Possibly they get more out of Gibbs but I don't see much else on the horizon. At least Norf have young improvers taking them up the list and the tigers seem to have added some of what they need.

Tigers, North, Lions and Freo improvers for mine
    Saints, Blues to continue to stagnate
    Carlton had an excessive amount of injuries but think will rise bar injuries again. Even though I hate to say it! Lol

Tigers are a maybe and may just scrape in.

Not sold on lions or north as of yet but north will be a very unpredictable side next year
    [B]I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Tigers ninth for me.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.