Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Charlie Sutton Medal

Terrific report BR. Thanks.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Thanks for that BR.

Can I just add that I dont like all the talk about what a disappointing season it was at the B&F night - I just hate all the navel gazing that surrounds it...I guess this is all part of the PR of being involved at AFL level, but honestly - I dont care if the Cats are a good example or if Pigs are more committed than chickens. What is said is simply not important - it is what is being done that counts. I guess to me the B&F is about celebrating the performances of individuals throughout a season - whether the team was able to meet expectations or otherwise. Making promises and commitments for the season ahead and lamenting opportunity lost? Well, you may as well be stamp collecting for all the good it will do.
    Couldn't agree more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Couldn't agree more
    I heartily agree also: actions speak far louder than words - I dont want to hear about a review, or that our players are more dedicated and committed than ever before, I want to see it on the field.

It is completely PR, albeit necessary in the era of Caro, Hutchy, Mike etc - but I do have confidence in the people in responsibility that things will be done to correct the ship.

The VFL alignment has changed, the list has had a major turnover, we are losing some 900+ games of experience, and there will be some changes amongst the assistant coaches

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I heartily agree also: actions speak far louder than words - I dont want to hear about a review, or that our players are more dedicated and committed than ever before, I want to see it on the field.

It is completely PR, albeit necessary in the era of Caro, Hutchy, Mike etc - but I do have confidence in the people in responsibility that things will be done to correct the ship.

The VFL alignment has changed, the list has had a major turnover, we are losing some 900+ games of experience, and there will be some changes amongst the assistant coaches
    I should have also said, thanks for the update, I have never been to a B&F night. I agree we are still on the right track and lets hope we show something on field next year.

Post Thanks / Like

BR, fantastic report - thanks for taking the time out to get that written up for us to enjoy reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report BR.
    Nobody mentioned at any point that we should "stop accepting mediocrity" did they?
    I'm sick of us doing that
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Thanks for that BR.

Can I just add that I dont like all the talk about what a disappointing season it was at the B&F night - I just hate all the navel gazing that surrounds it...I guess this is all part of the PR of being involved at AFL level, but honestly - I dont care if the Cats are a good example or if Pigs are more committed than chickens. What is said is simply not important - it is what is being done that counts. I guess to me the B&F is about celebrating the performances of individuals throughout a season - whether the team was able to meet expectations or otherwise. Making promises and commitments for the season ahead and lamenting opportunity lost? Well, you may as well be stamp collecting for all the good it will do.
    It must be hard for the head honcho's of the club to keep getting up year after year at these types of functions and keep trying to stay positive. The expectation the club internally and the expectations of the members at the start of the 2007 was as high as it has been probably since the late 90's.

This function is probably the last official function for the year and I suppose the members want answers on why the season was a failure. On the other hand the head honcho's want to paint a positive picture to where the club is headed and why the members should continue to support the club finicially.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It must be hard for the head honcho's of the club to keep getting up year after year at these types of functions and keep trying to stay positive. The expectation the club internally and the expectations of the members at the start of the 2007 was as high as it has been probably since the late 90's.

This function is probably the last official function for the year and I suppose the members want answers on why the season was a failure. On the other hand the head honcho's want to paint a positive picture to where the club is headed and why the members should continue to support the club finicially.
    Thats it in a nutshell Mantis - Smorgon said exactly that - we had high expectations and we didn't deliver - we have to improve

Underdog - there was no suggestion it would be accepted, but thankfully my ears did not have to suffer through the m word

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.