Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs Yearbook 2012

Just got this today (funny, with all the membership issues I've had!)

Will edit with more later.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs Yearbook 2012

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Just got this today (funny, with all the membership issues I've had!)

Will edit with more later.
    Ive just become a member. Does this come in the mail Andrew. Do you get the Bulldogs magazine in the mail once you become a member.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Ive just become a member. Does this come in the mail Andrew. Do you get the Bulldogs magazine in the mail once you become a member.
    Yep, there are 4 a year.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, there are 4 a year.
    So you get the Bulldogs yearbook yearly and Bulldog magazine 4 times in the year.

Post Thanks / Like

So you get the Bulldogs yearbook yearly and Bulldog magazine 4 times in the year.
    3 magazines and then the yearbook. The mags are known, rather creatively as "First Quarter", "2nd Quarter", "3rd Quarter"

Post Thanks / Like

3 magazines and then the yearbook. The mags are known, rather creatively as "First Quarter", "2nd Quarter", "3rd Quarter"
    Thanks for that Andrew. I'll look out for them. Have you got your membership pack yet or still waiting.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a flick through. The yearbook is well produced, with of course, lots of references to the new (and new-ish) appointments. There's an article by Smorgo - how great has he been for our club? Garlick's page talks, obviously about the business side of things. $1.4 million off the debt (known now as the Debt Reduction Campaign). Interestingly, he refers to the coach as "the country's most qualified coach - in terms of building and developing a list to be genuinely competitive over a sustained period" (a long quote, I know, but I'd hate to be taken out of context ) McCartney's message is under 3 headings "Where we're at", "Where we want to be" and "How we're going to get there". His vision is certainly clear, and well laid out.

There's a good article on Peter Gordon, I like his passion for the club. I'm impressed with how the reins were handed over to him as smoothly as it seems to have been done.

A recap of the B&F awards, with a page on each of the award winnners, and an article on the 2012 debutantes, as well as the 3 retirees. There's a recap of each game - for those with a sado-masochistic edge.

Well produced magazine. Good work Bulldogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that Andrew. I'll look out for them. Have you got your membership pack yet or still waiting.
    Nah, had my membership cancelled (over a missed payment), have to wait till they open for business again and get it reinstated.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a flick through. The yearbook is well produced, with of course, lots of references to the new (and new-ish) appointments. There's an article by Smorgo - how great has he been for our club? Garlick's page talks, obviously about the business side of things. $1.4 million off the debt (known now as the Debt Reduction Campaign). Interestingly, he refers to the coach as "the country's most qualified coach - in terms of building and developing a list to be genuinely competitive over a sustained period" (a long quote, I know, but I'd hate to be taken out of context ) McCartney's message is under 3 headings "Where we're at", "Where we want to be" and "How we're going to get there". His vision is certainly clear, and well laid out.

There's a good article on Peter Gordon, I like his passion for the club. I'm impressed with how the reins were handed over to him as smoothly as it seems to have been done.

A recap of the B&F awards, with a page on each of the award winnners, and an article on the 2012 debutantes, as well as the 3 retirees. There's a recap of each game - for those with a sado-masochistic edge.

Well produced magazine. Good work Bulldogs!
    Sounds good.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, had my membership cancelled (over a missed payment), have to wait till they open for business again and get it reinstated.
    Hopefully you sought that all out soon Andrew. I was pretty happy as I got mine before Christmas just as the club said in their email.

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason, they cancelled my membership too, but not my dads. Kinda strange since no payments etc. were missed, I actually only picked up on it about a week ago or whenever the 'last day' for reserving seat members was.

As it is, we've changed our seats to level two seating anyway after about 10 years in level 1 aisle 17!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    For some reason, they cancelled my membership too, but not my dads. Kinda strange since no payments etc. were missed, I actually only picked up on it about a week ago or whenever the 'last day' for reserving seat members was.

As it is, we've changed our seats to level two seating anyway after about 10 years in level 1 aisle 17!
    Mine was cancelled, even with a credit card with available funds No warning, just "Thanks for your membership, would you like to renew?"... It happened a month or so ago, I have just waited to ring them.