Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask the president

Just thought that with Peter Gordon joining this forum it would make sense to start a particular thread where we can ask questions of our new president. Obviously I think it makes sense to have a thread that Peter can come to without having to trawl through the others.

Delete this mods if you think it's a dumb idea. It might result in a deluge of questions and I'm not sure Peter wants to feel obliged to continually respond. Perhaps he can make a commitment to come on the board to answer questions once a week. Just an idea.

The name of the thread is also a bit mundane. Any suggestions welcome.......how about "Throw us a bone prez"?

My first question to Peter relates to our new improved website. Everyone has been impressed by the quality and frequency of the videos. It's made the off season that much more interesting. Can you share with us what the club has actually done to develop this important part of their member communication? How many staff are devoted to it? I read somewhere that we have a third party looking after it...is that right?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ask the president

Maybe a general Q&A thread first as other posters may be able to answer some questions. Then the best of the unanswered ones can be put to Peter?
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I did think it would be a good idea to start with, then I thought once the season is under way it could become an attack on Peter and the club.
    The only way it could work is if Peter agrees and the Mods monitor the posts strickly.
    For now I think its great to have Peter aboard and would exspect him be treated just like any other poster.
    Be gentle Mantis.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    I did think it would be a good idea to start with, then I thought once the season is under way it could become an attack on Peter and the club.
    That depends if we are winning or losing
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather Peter was one the lads, and laddetts.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I'd rather Peter was one the lads, and laddetts.
    Agreed. I've got no idea who Mjp is which means I'm more comfortable debating than I suspect if I did I'd personally rather not know who Peter posts as.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Agreed. I've got no idea who Mjp is which means I'm more comfortable debating than I suspect if I did I'd personally rather not know who Peter posts as.
    That will be harder than you think.

(Refer to the New Members thread)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    That will be harder than you think.

(Refer to the New Members thread)
    True Mantis. Peter's username is Peter Gordon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    True Mantis. Peter's username is Peter Gordon.
    I thought Peter Gordon was David Smorgon's username. Not sure what Peter Gordon's username is but as far as I know Suz 32 is Julia Gillard, The Coon Dog is Jose Romero, Hose B.Romero is Tony Liberatore and Chops was Jason Akermanis (or at least they both finished their careers the same way) ...
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I thought Peter Gordon was David Smorgon's username. Not sure what Peter Gordon's username is but as far as I know Suz 32 is Julia Gillard, The Coon Dog is Jose Romero, Hose B.Romero is Tony Liberatore and Chops was Jason Akermanis (or at least they both finished their careers the same way) ...
    Peter made a new account.

Post Thanks / Like

Arghh those were the days
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

On a serious note I'd like to know if Peter plans to be personally involved in contract negotiations and if he see's this as part of the president's role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post

On a serious note I'd like to know if Peter plans to be personally involved in contract negotiations and if he see's this as part of the president's role.
    Depends whether we're trying to contract Brad Hardie.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Huge news that Peter is involved in the forum, I hope we remember he has a huge job to do and don't saturate him with pm's and questions, hopefully he can just soak in some balanced member sentiment on his own terms.

Post Thanks / Like

So begins the latest Gordon era!