Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ask the president

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Come on mate, this is completely over the top.

Tutt is by no means a whipping boy in any respect when it comes to this board. If you'd have said Howard then fair enough, but Tutt?
    The fact he is growing into becoming the forum whipping boy is over the top??
    Growing, as in, starting to become? Not sure it is over the top.... I could go into the system and drag out all the negative nellies on Tutt, but couldn't be ar-sed.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

How are half of the posts in this thread relevant to the topic?
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    How are half of the posts in this thread relevant to the topic?
    TCD we need these icons to be added to the list.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Howard is clearly rated by the coaching staff, and I can see why. His best is about as good as any other developing player we have on our list. He lets himself down however, with poor positioning and inept defending. He needs to improve on those weaknesses.
    He is a player who doesn't know what he wants to be - and I'm worried he'll end up like Everitt, the 7th best player on the list in every position on the ground.

He often takes the safe option in his kicking - when he doesn't he can kick some absolute beauties. He isn't quick, but he runs with the elite group so we know he has a tank that isn't far off the Cross/Boyd types (that also indicates he works hard off the field).

He seems to be able to improve weaknesses in his game too - his first season at Willy he seemed a bit soft to be honest, but his attack on the ball improved out of sight in his second year.

The issue is that talent and application mean didly squat if you can't find a way to benefit the team, and the best way to do that is force your way into a role that makes the team better for you being there. That's what he needs to find a way to do (you could make a similar argument about Vez - certainly talented).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    The fact he is growing into becoming the forum whipping boy is over the top??
    I don't think any negativity Tutt cops is close to what Eagle and Gia have copped over the years, espeically considering both Gia and Eagle were clearly best 22 players and Tutt is still establishing himself.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

This thread was a good idea AW.
    But it won't work unless woofers only post questions and not replies.
    That's how Q&A boards work and I'm guessing that was what you were going for here?

Post Thanks / Like

I want to ask the president. will Jason Tutt prove his knockers wrong and kick a bag of goals in his first game in 2013?

Post Thanks / Like

I want to ask the president. will Jason Tutt prove his knockers wrong and kick a bag of goals in his first game in 2013?
    You better ask the coach that one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

99 percent of the crap gia copped over the journey was bullshit, and we all know it.
    Fine footballer imo

Post Thanks / Like

You make out like he gets unfairly attacked week after week. The reality is he's been at the club 3 years, has played 8 games, and due to a variety of reasons went backwards in 2012. It's hardly a stretch for people to think 2013 shapes as an extremely important year if he wants to continue his AFL career.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    You make out like he gets unfairly attacked week after week. The reality is he's been at the club 3 years, has played 8 games, and due to a variety of reasons went backwards in 2012. It's hardly a stretch for people to think 2013 shapes as an extremely important year if he wants to continue his AFL career.
    Do I? Where? I don't think he is the forum whipping boy. But if he doesn't put his head over the ball in 2013, he will grow to become one. His knockers in 2012 have been fair I think. He's a softball player. Needs to learn to play hardball and soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Agree BAD. Sometimes I log onto a post which I think is a view on the title thread only to discover it is a poster rambling on about something else which is nothing to do with the topic. Maybe the mods could do something about it or "is it just anything goes"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Agree as well BAD. Some threads can just go off topic a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

If this thread was to impress PG with our acumen and ability to focus on he topic or ho we play the ball and not the man, I don't think he will be overawed. I would delete the thread nod start again...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023