Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Conolly -wrong about unexciting Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Nope. But we can play him Round 1 without an LTI if we want. We took an extra rookie at the expense of a Senior List spot so can upgrade a rookie at any time.
    Do you think this was done for JOng?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Stkilda haven't got a player left who they drafted or traded in 09.
    Pain coming their way you'd imagine
    Besides Picken who was a rookie grade we only have Howard, Tutt & Markovic left from this draft.

St.Kilda's position looks ok.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd come close to betting my house that St. Kilda will miss the 8, and I hardly see what they have to be excited about longer term either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Agree on St Kilda - from a longer term perspective, I feel they're behind us in the re-building phase.

Rohan's probably right - we can get excited about a few little things (like Stringer, fit Cooney etc) but whether these positives result in wins is at best debatable.

Looking forward to this season all the same.
    Wait and see I guess. I think a fit Cooney is more than a little thing. Midfield is where it all starts, and having Griff and him fully firing puts us two steps ahead of last season. Rohans a good journo, and having to make predictions often puts him in a tight spot later - nature of his work. Has made many a clanger prediction in the past.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 08-01-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Do you think this was done for JOng?
    If they wanted him elevated they could have done it so I don't think they did it just for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Well where did the experts pick us to finish in 97?

And if I remember rightly after our dismal finish to 07, we were seen as bottom 4 certainties.

Did Rohan or any of his esteemed colleagues pick the swans for last year's flag?

How many experts had the crows for the 8 last year?

Look, I'm not reserving my GF ticket (yet)... But I have optimism for a brighter outlook than Rohan.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just hoping for an improvement fom our kids. I wouldn't mind a few high draft picks either though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Besides Picken who was a rookie grade we only have Howard, Tutt & Markovic left from this draft.

St.Kilda's position looks ok.
    It looks okay for now, but they are going to pay a hefty price for getting it wrong .
    Their top liners are fading but still playing well, and they've finished in AFL version of No mans land. I see a few going past them to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    It looks okay for now, but they are going to pay a hefty price for getting it wrong .
    Their top liners are fading but still playing well, and they've finished in AFL version of No mans land. I see a few going past them to be honest.
    You missed the point.

St.Kilda had a poor draft & trade period in '09, but they have recognised this and cleared them all out, we still have 3 on our list from this draft who have big question marks over their long term future.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hopeful of some more exciting passages of play. Doubtful we'll play many exciting full games though.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited about Nick Lower. Does a lot well.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Nice piece of play at the 4 minute mark involving Julian Jacobs! (family member of ours).

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I don't think we will play finals I am really looking forward to this year and think we can climb the ladder a bit.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or is everybody more excited about this year then the last few? For some reason I am even more pumped this year even though I know we are going to be rubbish! Unless Griffen unleashes the fury like he did against Sydney along with a fit COoney! Then the commentators will be off their seat again! was it 17disposals in the first qtr which was a record!

Saints will not make the 8! and I am putting my house on it! They are trying to do what Sydney has done but at a half a$$ed effort and forgetting Sydney has home grouned advantage while Saints share etihad with several other teams..
    [B]I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

I'm excited about Nick Lower. Does a lot well.
    If that's a fair representation of his work, play him in the midfield not the backline (what the Freo fans reckon too).

Very impressive all round. Disposal and decision making looks good. Ditto tackling with intent.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.