Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rate a team in 2013: Essendon

I think Goddard and Watson in the same Midfield is pretty scary. I think Hurley is going to play in the back line that's how much luxury they have down Forward. Two inclusions of Gumby and Daniher which is the unknown, I think we will see how good they will be in a couple of weeks. I've hird they are much fitter which without the injuries of last year will see them go deep in September.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see them being real contenders this year if injuries are reasonable.
    I won't be happy about it because I'd like to see them struggle but their playing list looks impressive.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they've had a bit of a leg-up, if Twitter is correct today.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'm sitting here waiting to hear what they've got to say. I hope the club gets burned at the stake!

Post Thanks / Like

Their looking at Lance Armstrong as high performance manager.
    What a vague waste of time that Press conference was.
    The way social media gets hold of issues, you're better advised to be more transparent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Their looking at Lance Armstrong as high performance manager.
    What a vague waste of time that Press conference was.
    The way social media gets hold of issues, you're better advised to be more transparent
    Yeah, it's tough isn't it? The legal world hasn't really caught up though, and I can imagine if they started going into specifics they could inadvertently find themselves deeper in the shit. I thought having the press conference was a waste of time altogether. Had the same effect that hiding from the cameras shouting “no comment” as you get into your car outside Windy Hill would've had.

Post Thanks / Like

So The Weapon has gone from an overbearing dickhead to a black cloud on the whole code?

How long till we start asking questions about the Geelong "dynasty" that he helped turn around?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So The Weapon has gone from an overbearing dickhead to a black cloud on the whole code?

How long till we start asking questions about the Geelong "dynasty" that he helped turn around?
    This is such a suitable summation of how he has been to this point. Excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Some years ago, he turned up at a dinner here with Bombers membership forms but was thankfully put his place by my Sainter mate Gill, who threatened him with a meat cleaver. (Dinners here can get out of hand).
    That's nothing to what it used to get like at the Barkly st end of Whitten Oval or in front of the scoreboard at Windy Hill. Windy Hill was more feral than Vic Park.

They are an arrogant lot.
    Try living in the suburb next to them. Only Racecourse rd separates the scum sucking bottom feeders from Windy Hill to the suave, sophisticated types that frequent the Whitten Oval. It's funny though-I drive through Essendon everyday and I see far more Bulldog bumper stickers on cars and shirts/caps/scarves/merchandise on people than I see people with Essendon gear there.

You can see it is etched on my memory–it must've been fantastic sitting at the ground and watching it all live.
    It was. The scenes at the end of the game were incredible. One old lady draped in red, white and blue sitting a couple of seats in front of us had been copping it from the arrogant
    pricks who were sure that Essendon would win. We'd asked her a couple of times if she'd like us to intercede on her behalf but she said no both times. The tirade she let loose with when the siren blew was a thing of beauty to watch. My mates and I had blocked the Essendon supporters in by standing at either end of their row and making sure they stayed exactly where they were and taking the gobful of abuse what was coming their way.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.