Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs sniff around for home ground as Ethihad isn't viable

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    Could we give provide discounted tickets, give away tickets, provide buy one get one free offers or do something else to bring the Etihad crowds up to the 25k threshold?
    Can't work.

Imagine the out-cry - Why should I pay full price for entry when others are getting in for free?

Post Thanks / Like

I like mission, but we need a blue chip sponsor on board who will benefit from the Etihad relationship.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    As I live in Ballarat and attend every game the Doggies play in Melbourne, I couldn't see us playing in Ballarat. The cost to bring the ground and facilities up to standard would be massive. I would rather it be spent in getting Whitten Oval up and running.
    Brace yourself for a rates increase, the last proposal in front of the council was from a multi-sport consortium for a $80m cheque.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I like mission, but we need a blue chip sponsor on board who will benefit from the Etihad relationship.
    I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous.

Which Etihad relationship are you talking about aside from the one where we get bent over and cop it where it doesn't tickle? Should we find another company that works in cahoots with Stadium Management just so we can get touched up even more, for the benefit of themselves and Etihad/Stadium Management?

How does a club like ours attract a blue chip sponsor anyway? Mission Foods is a subsidiary of a corporation that turns over $4B annualy. While it's not the most prominent brand on our shelves, it's a brand that is trying to innovate and develop within the Australian market, much like we're trying to do in the west of Melbourne.

We get over a million dollars a year from Mission Foods. I don't think the club cares a great deal if you like it or not, and nor should they. Last time I checked, there wasn't a great deal of suitors willing to bid for our brand, and we're going to be very bloody lucky to strike a deal as lucrative as the Mission Foods deal we've benefited from over the last few years.

Synergies between the interests of those who manage the home stadium we have to play at, and those who are willing to sponsor us are the least of our worries. We need to get people to our games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Which Etihad relationship are you talking about aside from the one where we get bent over and cop it where it doesn't tickle? Should we find another company that works in cahoots with Stadium Management just so we can get touched up even more, for the benefit of themselves and Etihad/Stadium Management?

How does a club like ours attract a blue chip sponsor anyway? Mission Foods is a subsidiary of a corporation that turns over $4B annualy. While it's not the most prominent brand on our shelves, it's a brand that is trying to innovate and develop within the Australian market, much like we're trying to do in the west of Melbourne.

We get over a million dollars a year from Mission Foods. I don't think the club cares a great deal if you like it or not, and nor should they. Last time I checked, there wasn't a great deal of suitors willing to bid for our brand, and we're going to be very bloody lucky to strike a deal as lucrative as the Mission Foods deal we've benefited from over the last few years.

Synergies between the interests of those who manage the home stadium we have to play at, and those who are willing to sponsor us are the least of our worries. We need to get people to our games.
    Mission I believe are international. There headquarters are in Epping. There partnership with us is important.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Mission I believe are international. There headquarters are in Epping. There partnership with us is important.
    Yes, they are international. The company (Gruma) was founded in the U.S. The Epping factory is their Australian base. They've given us a great deal of support since coming on board.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Yes, they are international. The company (Gruma) was founded in the U.S. The Epping factory is their Australian base. They've given us a great deal of support since coming on board.
    It was important we found them. What happen to the Lease Plan deal from before?

Post Thanks / Like

It was important we found them. What happen to the Lease Plan deal from before?
    http://www.leaseplan.com.au/

They're not sponsoring us anymore, and it seems they have Drew Petrie on their web page.

Essentially they didn't want to maintain a tier one sponsorship with a football club.

Hence, we had to find another partner.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.leaseplan.com.au/

They're not sponsoring us anymore, and it seems they have Drew Petrie on their web page.

Essentially they didn't want to maintain a tier one sponsorship with a football club.

Hence, we had to find another partner.
    I believe Mission is our only sponsor. Do some clubs have more than one sponsor? Maybe revenue could be generated like that.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Mission is our only sponsor. Do some clubs have more than one sponsor? Maybe revenue could be generated like that.
    Uh, no, they are our major sponsor. The club website has information on all our other business partners.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy Jeemak.
    Well, how does North Melbourne attract a blue chip sponsor in Mazda? They have about the same membership base as us, but have a very well known brand. Which do you think is the better brand from a marketing perspective?

As we improve on field, better suitors are going to come along and that's just business. This doesn't devalue the arrangement between ourselves and Mission now; it's a great deal. But a sponsor is not a charity ( the way you write it makes it sound like that). They get something for their cash.
    As I said, Mission is good, Mission is a great brand, and an important sponsor. However, we are talking about the future here and if you want to be big you need big ambitions. No need to get all uptight ( re the second part in bold ) I'm not attacking Mission.

Quick question ( don't google ). Who were our sponsors during the 1997, 2008 and 2009 Prelim campaigns? Some supporters could tell you but not all.... it's BUSINESS!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy Jeemak.
    Well, how does North Melbourne attract a blue chip sponsor in Mazda? They have about the same membership base as us, but have a very well known brand. Which do you think is the better brand from a marketing perspective?

As we improve on field, better suitors are going to come along and that's just business. This doesn't devalue the arrangement between ourselves and Mission now; it's a great deal. But a sponsor is not a charity ( the way you write it makes it sound like that). They get something for their cash.
    As I said, Mission is good, Mission is a great brand, and an important sponsor. However, we are talking about the future here and if you want to be big you need big ambitions. No need to get all uptight ( re the second part in bold ) I'm not attacking Mission.

Quick question ( don't google ). Who were our sponsors during the 1997, 2008 and 2009 Prelim campaigns? Some supporters could tell you but not all.... it's BUSINESS!
    How does Norf's Mazda sponsor improve their relationship with Etihad? Does Norf get the same sponsorship returns from them that we do from Misson?

I thought Orica was our sponsor in 1997, but I could be wrong.

Sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you mate. The premise of your post suggested a blue chip sponsor will assist our Etihad deal, and I just can't see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy Jeemak.

Don't understand what your point is. Mission is a global brand and we are currently not looking for a major sponsor?

As I have pointed out and others like Jeemak, our biggest issue is getting people to the game.

Last year was a disgrace with only 3 home games attracting over 25k.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How does Norf's Mazda sponsor improve their relationship with Etihad? Does Norf get the same sponsorship returns from them that we do from Misson?
    Mazda & North is the longest partnership in the AFL, it pre-dates Etihad being open IIRC.

North have also sold the naming rights to Arden St (Aegis Oval) - is that something we would consider? EJ has stand named after him as well, and North pick up six figure for the ground naming rights.
    They partner with the Victorian Fencing Association and we partner with Vic Uni so there are similarities in that we technically share the facilities, although the VFA occupy the entire top floor of their main building and rarely use the oval (whilst we gain sports science benefits to our, obviously superior relationship with Vic Uni ).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy Jeemak.
    I don't get the relevance? In what way is Mazda a better sponsor than Mission. Really the benefits a sponsor can give us fall in three categories:
    -Financial: How much money we actually get from them. Easiest to measure.
    -Ability to let us use their resources: As in the Vic Uni partnership, through that sponsorship we gain access to resources we wouldn't otherwise have.
    -Marketing for you: Does the sponsor give your club publicity it wouldn't have otherwise. ie. a partnership with a newspaper (geelong advertiser)

Mazda and Mission both seem to only deliver in the first category, with minor benefits possible in the second (free wraps/discounted cars). Neither advertise their respective clubs in their day to day business.

As for the bolded bit, the whole point of a sponsorship is to raise brand awareness and interest amongst th public, for the sponsoring brand. I fail to see how Mazda is in anyway a better brand to market than Mission, and how this is a problem that we can either fix or even care about.

As we improve on field, better suitors are going to come along and that's just business.
    What better sponsors? Mission is an international company with alot of resources to back them up. This statement may be true if we were sponsored by a company with little financial weight behind them, ie. IGA, but Mission is a pretty big brand that will only grow in Australia.

However, we are talking about the future here and if you want to be big you need big ambitions.
    I think we are. Our partnership with Vic Uni meets our ambitions, and our financial deal with Mission gives us ome money to achieve them

1997 was ICI or ORICA (I was 9 so remember those two sponsors being around that period). 08 and 09 were leaseplan. And how is that the clubs problem if people don't remember?

Spoiler Alert: (Just looked it up and it was ICI in 1997).

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Mazda & North is the longest partnership in the AFL, it pre-dates Etihad being open IIRC.
    Mazda started sponsoring North in 1999. Ford started sponsoring Geelong in 1925. Geelong win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    North have also sold the naming rights to Arden St (Aegis Oval) - is that something we would consider? EJ has stand named after him as well, and North pick up six figure for the ground naming rights.
    Last time I checked we train in the "Mission Elite Learning Centre" or something to that effect.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right