Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian lake - issued please explain!!

Hawthorn Football Club have told Brian Lake he needs to address the leadership Group tomorrow after being in police lock up for being intoxicated in a public place!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brian lake - issued please explain!!

Quote Originally Posted by OLD SCRAGGer View Post
    Hawthorn Football Club have told Brian Lake he needs to address the leadership Group tomorrow after being in police lock up for being intoxicated in a public place!!!
    Do you have a link or a source to confirm this?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do you have a link or a source to confirm this?
    There is something on Facebook with a link to s statement fom the club, I haven't bothered to actually read it, I can if you like.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Just did. Hawks website says he was issued with a penalty notice for being drunk in a public place. Doesn't mention arrest or detention.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Star Hawthorn recruit Brian Lake issued infringement notice after drinking heavily in Sorrento

HAWTHORN star Brian Lake's drunken antics have landed him in trouble with the police.The former Western Bulldog was fined $563 for being drunk in a public place outside a pub in Sorrento.He was leaving the pub with his wife when he was arrested and thrown in the slammer for four hours.In a statement the club said: “The club considers Lake’s conduct to be unprofessional and he will be required to address the leadership group tomorrow.”Lake, 30, was traded to the Hawks in a bold move to help Alastair Clarkson's side jag another premiership with their current squad.

The 197-game veteran joins an extraordinary list of players traded last off-season to face trouble with alcohol before playing a game with their new clubs.New Tiger Aaron Edwards was locked up after a boozy day just a day after North Melbourne traded him.Former Demons Ricky Petterd (now at Richmond) and Jared Rivers (Geelong) were also scrutinised after they were pictured drinking heavily on the opening day of the Boxing Day Test at the MCG.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226552981484

Post Thanks / Like

You don't get arrested for leaving a pub with your wife. He must have been smashed or rowdy and unruly with staff, or both.

Post Thanks / Like

What's a 32yo married father doing getting so drunk he needs to be arrested and destined in lock up. Poor form.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian running his own race again?
    Pretty poor form

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Brian running his own race again?
    Pretty poor form
    I think we should wait for the whole story to come out before jumping to any conclusions.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I think we should wait for the whole story to come out before jumping to any conclusions.
    If they arrested everyone for leaving a pub drunk, we'd need another 400 jails.
    I'd hazard to guess there's a little more than meets the eye.

Post Thanks / Like

The police members made the decision his behaviour warranted the most serious action, that of arrest and detention. It's not a decision that is taken lightly, so use your imagination why the police had no other option than to arrest and detain him. That's the story, lock, stock and barrel. Poor form full stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The police members made the decision his behaviour warranted the most serious action, that of arrest and detention. It's not a decision that is taken lightly, so use your imagination why the police had no other option than to arrest and detain him. That's the story, lock, stock and barrel. Poor form full stop.
    I can quite easily imagine it started with someone giving him a hard time ( a disgruntled Bulldog supporter perhaps?) and escalated. Weve seen plenty of that sort of thing happen, both in and outside of the AFL. I'm not saying he did nothing, but getting drunk/arrested isn't exactly his prior form.
    Last edited by AndrewP6; 13-01-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I can quite easily imagine it started with someone giving him a hard time ( a disgruntled Bulldog supporter perhaps?) and escalated. Weve seen plenty of hat sort of thing happen, oth in and outside of the AFL. I'm not saying he did nothing, but getting drunk/arrested isn't exactly his prior form.
    Getting arrested isn't poor form?

Hawthorn (and every other AFL club) disagrees.

Not sure how his prior form has anything to do with his current form :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Getting arrested isn't poor form?

Hawthorn (and every other AFL club) disagrees.

Not sure how his prior form has anything to do with his current form :P
    I never said that, I said prior form. I also said "Im not saying he did nothing". The point I was making was, there is likely to be more to the story, and that he wasn't known for getting in trouble with police whilst at the Dogs. To be honest, I'm glad the Dogs don't have to deal with this issue - we've got enough to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Channel 7 reports Lake and his wife were both arrested.