Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brian lake - issued please explain!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I suspect he may have meant Brian's physical size, 195cm and 104kg tends to lead to you receiving a bit of extra attention from the likes of security and police.
    Fair enough. And tend to agree.

Though I've also seen situations late at night where a big fella is copping a lambasting from a less than pleased partner half their size, desperately needing protection!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Fair enough. And tend to agree.

Though I've also seen situations late at night where a big fella is copping a lambasting from a less than pleased partner half their size, desperately needing protection!
    A situation I'm all too familiar with

Post Thanks / Like

A situation I'm all too familiar with
    Battered Greystache Syndrome. Nasty stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    They might not have been arguing forcefully. Just groaning and dribbling at eachother would be enough to see them caged. Particularly on the Peninsula at this time of year.

Anyway, who's to say Brian was the brute in the situation?
    Yeh, I'd forgotten the "groaning and dribbling at each other" possibility. If I was a cop, I wouldn't let him off for that either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What's a 32yo married father doing getting so drunk he needs to be arrested and destined in lock up. Poor form.
    I doubt he had the kids along, parents are people too, and deserve a chance to let their hair down. Yeah, you hope you don't wind up in the lock-up, but if he wasn't playing you wouldn't begrudge him a drink with his wife.

I suspect he may have meant Brian's physical size, 195cm and 104kg tends to lead to you receiving a bit of extra attention from the likes of security and police.
    It also means you get locked up just for being pissed, rather than for being pissed and angry, because nobody can handle your size and it's safer to let you sleep it off on the slab.

Source: Personal experience (I'm 6'4" and was a bit of a drinker in my youth).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I doubt he had the kids along, parents are people too, and deserve a chance to let their hair down. Yeah, you hope you don't wind up in the lock-up, but if he wasn't playing you wouldn't begrudge him a drink with his wife.

It also means you get locked up just for being pissed, rather than for being pissed and angry, because nobody can handle your size and it's safer to let you sleep it off on the slab.

Source: Personal experience (I'm 6'4" and was a bit of a drinker in my youth).
    I'm 5'9'' and at the Bathurst motorcycle races was put in the slammer for having a leak in a bunch of trees but the police must have thought I may offend the Hells Angels and their friends so I saw the inside of a divvie van. They picked up a guy who was asleep next to the only toilets on site for being drunk and disorderly (maybe he should have crossed his legs?). He could have been Brian and his wife I suppose.