Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brian lake - issued please explain!!

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Never did like Lake. We only keep quality people.
    A good friend of mine was taken into lock up after the police drove past him just walking to the taxi rank after a big night. Insinuating that Brian isn't a quality person after this is way over the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Polo is that %$##@# boring, Brian and his wife should be excused. It's what any of us would do to keep ourselves entertained.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Apparently he was told if he bumped any of the other drunks and they fell over he would be in trouble. You'd never know why he did next?
    Early Post of the Year contender this.

On Lake, strange that a 32 year old man and his wife would put themselves in this situation. Sounds very dumb/immature.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post

On Lake, strange that a 32 year old man and his wife would put themselves in this situation. Sounds very dumb/immature.
    One of his famous Brain Fade's.
    Hasn't harnessed the full true Hawks persona yet, if he had it would not have been the Amber Ale that has him in trouble.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cricho54 View Post
    A good friend of mine was taken into lock up after the police drove past him just walking to the taxi rank after a big night. Insinuating that Brian isn't a quality person after this is way over the top.
    Perhaps I needed to include one of these

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how hammered you have to be to get picked up D&D, nor do I know how hammered Brian and his wife happened to be that night.

They weren't behind the wheel of a car as far as I know, and they weren't being disruptive or abusive either from the reports that I've read (and offered no resistance to arrest). Perhaps until some more information comes to light we hold off on the judgements?

Many of us have chosen to remove ourselves from situations due to having one or two too many drinks. Perhaps we were lucky not to have run into the police upon exiting the premises at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm not sure how hammered you have to be to get picked up D&D, nor do I know how hammered Brian and his wife happened to be that night.

They weren't behind the wheel of a car as far as I know, and they weren't being disruptive or abusive either from the reports that I've read (and offered no resistance to arrest). Perhaps until some more information comes to light we hold off on the judgements?

Many of us have chosen to remove ourselves from situations due to having one or two too many drinks. Perhaps we were lucky not to have run into the police upon exiting the premises at the time.
    Read in the paper something about shouting and yelling at the after party? The article didn't elaborate.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing I found amusing is that Brian says he now has to earn the respect back from the Hawthorn players.Is he sure he really had it in the first place.He's only been there 5 minutes!

Post Thanks / Like

Heard today that he and his wife were fighting with each other when they got arrested.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Heard today that he and his wife were fighting with each other when they got arrested.
    Yes that was reported in yesterday's media. But fighting verbally,not physically. That may have been behind the arrest, to stop it going further.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Yes that was reported in yesterday's media. But fighting verbally,not physically. That may have been behind the arrest, to stop it going further.
    Yeah thats what I meant.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    If I was a cop and a big brute like Brian was arguing forcefully with his wife in public, I'd intervene.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    If I was a cop and a big brute like Brian was arguing forcefully with his wife in public, I'd intervene.
    They might not have been arguing forcefully. Just groaning and dribbling at eachother would be enough to see them caged. Particularly on the Peninsula at this time of year.

Anyway, who's to say Brian was the brute in the situation?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    They might not have been arguing forcefully. Just groaning and dribbling at eachother would be enough to see them caged. Particularly on the Peninsula at this time of year.

Anyway, who's to say Brian was the brute in the situation?
    I suspect he may have meant Brian's physical size, 195cm and 104kg tends to lead to you receiving a bit of extra attention from the likes of security and police.